UK Policing News
News forum for all news from the uk and around the world.
21296 topics in this forum
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2092595/Lynette-White-murder-Shredded-evidence-caused-collapse-30m-police-corruption-trial-box.html There is a terrible smell of ''manure'' regarding this case. Three innocent men are 'fitted up'' for a murder they did not commit. Severe criticism of the police by two judges about the oppressive way the defendants were interviewed etc etc. The senior Investigating officer tells the court that he ordered the files to be shredded(why), then it turns out the files have not been shredded at all, but conveniently they could not be produced in court, and the eight defendants get off through the CPS not having the files available f…
-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9012558/Scotland-Yard-commander-Ali-Dizaei-assaulted-and-falsely-arrested-man.html The re-trail of this despicable man has started. There used to be an old saying which I have not heard for years, 'a bad penny will always find it's way back', certainly applies in this case.
-
Police arrested over murder case Five retired police officers have been arrested following the reinvestigation of the Lynette White murder case, South Wales Police have said. They are being questioned on suspicion of false imprisonment, conspiracy to pervert the course of justice and misconduct in public office. Miss White, a Cardiff prostitute, was killed in 1988. Three men convicted of her murder were later freed. In 2003, Jeffrey Gafoor was jailed for life after admitting he killed her. The 20-year-old died after being stabbed 50 times at her flat in the city's Butetown area on Valentine's Day. Steven Miller, Yusef Abdullahi and Tony Paris - who became know…
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-16750460 with all the cuts what did they think was going to happen when they have less officers on our streets.
-
Source: BBC News
-
Wishing the officer well... As ever, the resulting state of the vehicle would suggest very serious injuries, but the article doesn't explain the extent of the injury (probably as the details weren't released). Source: BBC News
-
The number of police officers in England and Wales has fallen to its lowest level for a decade, official figures show. There were 136,261 police officers in September 2011 - 6,012 fewer than the 142,273 there had been a year earlier. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16739311 Last person to leave country please turn out the lights. #NoConfidenceInTeresaMay
-
A decision to allow TV cameras to film Nottinghamshire police on patrol has been criticised by a police union. Episode two of Channel 4's Coppers followed police officers during the riots in Nottingham last summer. Nottinghamshire Police Federation said the programme was "blinkered" and failed to show "the full picture". A Nottinghamshire police spokesman said the show offered "a unique insight" and Channel 4 producers said it portrayed officers in a positive light. 'Uncomfortable viewing' Two incidents from the programme, where a 14-year-old girl was pulled to the ground and a man was pushed to the floor, have been referred to the force's professional standards sect…
-
I saw this story on Sky News earlier today. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9040222/Police-chief-budgets-cuts-put-Force-on-a-cliff-edge.html This is the first time I have personally heard of a senior officer literally stating their force is at breaking point with the budget cuts. With the Olympics coming up and some still nervous energy/friction after the August riots I can only commend him for coming out and saying that enough is enough. I bet almost every other force in the country is also feeling the same and I do hope more people come forward and say the same. Don't get me wrong, there are genuine places the police can make savings. In my ow…
-
original source courtesy of Surrey Police: http://www.surrey.police.uk/media/news_item.asp?area=4&itemID=14767 PC Tristan Barnett was on patrol around the Oxted area when a distressed man appeared from a house calling for help after his eight-month-old daughter Amelia had stopped breathing.On entering the house, PC Barnett followed his first aid training and administrated several slaps to Amelia’s back causing her to cough which dislodged the piece of plastic before ambulance crews arrived and took her to hospital for a full check up, which showed her airways to be clear.Tandridge Neighbourhood Inspector Angie Austin, said: “I am extremely proud of PC Barnett and…
-
Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9040841/Police-numbers-hit-ten-year-low.html Tell us something we didn't know, there is only so much you can cut before services start suffering!
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-16732777 IPPC AGAIN
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-16731624 not much news on how many officers was taken to hospital but wish them all a speedy recovery
-
.......the EXACT time.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-16616790 110,000 calls to the speaking clock in two years. At 31p per call. I know it's old-fashioned, but when I want to know what time it is, I use my, er, watch. Or my phone. I can't think of a single occasion when I needed to know to the second what time it was. Can anybody??????? I honestly can't believe that figure. I really can't. It'd be cheaper to buy one of those clocks that use the radio signal and put it in a control room somewhere - and if you really needed to know the time, to the second (unbelievable), then you could call the control room and find out. Just when you think you'v…
-
- 25 replies
- 2.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk...-wales-16722812 for a person who works at a school