UK Policing News
News forum for all news from the uk and around the world.
21299 topics in this forum
-
From http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25002927 A fairly shocking report, and one which sadly I can believe part of. I'd like to think that serious sexual offenes aren't being hidden but in this day and age I'll believe anything...
-
What would Sophie Khan think? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2510508/Maniac-man-armed-shears-Tasered-police.html
-
A new system that will allow insurers to access DVLA data on drivers' convictions and penalty points will be tested from February. The insurance industry says the move will cut the amount of fraud seen under the current system of driver declaration. Up to 23% of motorists failed to accurately disclose their record to insurers, it has claimed. Drivers will want to ensure that the new system will lead to lower premiums. Costs The scheme is known as MyLicence and has been developed by the Association of British Insurers (ABI), the Motor Insurers' Bureau, the DVLA and the Department for Transport. Insurers will be able to access information to cross-check any points and…
-
Big HMG pension update detailed in the 'pension age' thread of the general discussion forum on this site Please post replies there...
-
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24930039 Again just more negative press for the PCCs. I think that all the bad press has given people more awareness than the actual elections!
-
What a dope this PCSO is. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-25003776
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24980765 "As many as 100,000 search terms will result in no results". All related to child abuse images apparently. 100,000. That's a bloody big number of possible search terms just for child abuse images alone. I wonder how they came up with that number......... I can't help but think that people in the know would be able to find out where the main servers are, hack them, or trace their customers addresses back and then arrange for an early morning knock at the door by a couple of nice chaps in uniform. As it is, I can't help but think this gives a false sense of security to Mr. & Mrs. Average who think it'll s…
-
I thought this BBC article is worth debating. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24839937
-
-
I sent an email to HMIC on the 30th September, and surprise surprise, yesterday they had the decency to reply, albeit it has taken them 6 weeks. I wonder how long it took someone to think up the reply. I wonder why Billingham and Sharpling don't wear uniform, perhaps they don't feel themselves as over important. Dear Thank you for your email, which Mr Winsor has seen. He has asked me to reply to you on his behalf. Next to the Home Office, Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary - established in 1856 - is the senior institution in the policing landscape, as it oversees, inspects and reports upon the efficiency and effec…
-
Original article link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2508558/Police-fiddle-figures-accusing-victims-making-crimes.html
-
Article - http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/angus-the-mearns/police-officer-taken-to-hospital-after-forfar-fire-rescue-1.154539 Also on BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-24980593 Good on this officer for risking their own life to save somebody else's.
-
The man, referred to in court as PBD, claimed the police's actions forced him to enter a witness protection scheme in December 2010 that caused him depression and anxiety because he had to spend a period separated from his partner. A former gangster who changed his name has failed in a High Court bid for compensation for "psychiatric damage" after accusing police of revealing his new identity to former criminal associates. The man, referred to as PBD, claimed the police's actions forced him to enter a witness protection scheme in December 2010 that caused him depression and anxiety because he had to spend a period separated from his partner. He accused G…
-
Legally the judge was absolutely correct - the police do not owe a duty of care to victims, witnesses or suspects. [This is different to the situation with the fire brigade or ambulance.] However as a consequence of this publicity I think it will be much more difficult for informants to be cultivated in high-profile cases (the so-called 'super-grass') and more witnesses will be afraid of going to the police. A good solicitor will quite properly advise their clients not to say anything in such cases for fear of reprisals. I'm not sure what to make of this case; if it turns out that the police did inform other gang members that PBD was the witness then they could be fou…