Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Policing News

News forum for all news from the uk and around the world.

  1. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    Glad they got this lot of scumbags and put behind bars. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-25729745

    • 1 reply
    • 398 views
  2. Member of public 1

    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/police-officer-ian-johnson-who-6506578

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.6k views
    Member of public 1 +
  3. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    Disappointing for the PCSOs to read this. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-25727121

    • 1 reply
    • 385 views
  4. M&MBM
    Started by M&MBM,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25726401 I was under the impression that if you had to wear glasses to see properly to, say, pass your test, you were compelled to wear them all the time when driving.

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.4k views
  5. rosco

    I saw the original judgement some time ago, but didn't spot a post on PS.com about it: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25726401 I am not quite sure about changing the law bit, but certainly don't understand how only 140 hours community service was given to someone who had knlwingly driven with defective sight for a year. I certainly hope the sentence is appealed: the sentencing guidlines for Death by careless state: http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/sentencing_manual/causing_death_by_careless_or_inconsiderate_driving/ I would say that this offence rates in the middle category, as no glasses is surely aggravating, when you see the factors as: Surely not w…

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 2.3k views
    Administrative Account
  6. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    Now north Yorkshire wants special constables. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-25704037

      • Like
    • 79 replies
    • 4.1k views
  7. croberon
    Started by croberon,

    I'm off from work this week. Lazed around the web a bit this morning before I decided to spend and hour or two tidying some of its darker, untouched corners. Been at it for a bit, when I decided to make a meal, take a break and catch up on the world when stumbled across this little gem. I rather like the Blunkett; but the Diane Abbott looks like a censored Gaugin. What was she thinking?? What are the chances of that portrait being hung alongside those of Gladstone, Disraeli or Frederick, Lord North? As for the amount of money spent....anyone for revolution? It worked for us.

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 2.1k views
  8. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    The truth will come to light one day in what,s going on over crime figures. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25648832

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 447 views
  9. I99
    Started by I99,

    I hope she wrote a nice thank you letter. The cleaning bill for their kit will be high, not including the damaged Taser.

    • 9 replies
    • 700 views
  10. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-25669203

      • Like
    • 48 replies
    • 2.6k views
  11. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    PCC Olly Martins has been told further "misdemeanours" will not be tolerated. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-25728143

    • 0 replies
    • 361 views
    Member of public 1 +
  12. M&MBM
    Started by M&MBM,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-25669203 This is robbing Peter to Pay Paul, except it's time and resources, not money. Lack of money is the problem, though. What are we to do? What as a nation are we to do about not having enough resources to pay for what we need? Pay more tax? Volunteer ,more? What?

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. OldAfricaHand
    Started by OldAfricaHand,

    http://www.policeoracle.com/news/Uniformed+Operations/2014/Jan/15/Duggan-Senior-officer-to-head-up-community-relations_77146.html I would have thought that rather than appoint a community engagement "lead" - who will probably need some form of support team - it would be more fruitful to give more time / resources to officers who actually engage with communities. Maybe I am being simplistic but I do recall a time in the Met when each Division / District had a Community Liaison Officer (Chief Inspector) who carried out this function (which was often associated with oversight of the "Juvenile Bureau". I recall that at one station I served the CLO was a Welshman who, …

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  14. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    A disgraced former detective could be stripped of his pension after being jailed for more than two years for leaking confidential information to a convicted drug dealer. Daniel Watts (pictured) admitted conspiracy to commit misconduct in a public office after officers discovered he was passing highly confidential information to friend Stephen Hunt. The information included data relating to officers planning to arrest criminal associates or carry out raids. He was given a 28 month prison term. Watts (31) – who joined West Midlands Police in 2001 – first carried out intelligence checks in April 2005 when Hunt was facing drugs supply charges. He continued leaking the inf…

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 929 views
  15. kester1546080880
    Started by kester1546080880,

    http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-01-12/coroner-invites-duggan-family-to-help-change-tactics/ The coroner in the controversial Mark Duggan inquest has said he will ask the Duggan family to help shape recommendations on police firearms procedure, the Mail on Sunday has reported. Senior circuit judge Keith Cutler told the newspaper he will take "the unusual, perhaps unique step" of inviting submissions from the Duggan family. The jury, accompanied by Judge Keith Cutler, in the inquest into the death of Mark Duggan. Credit: PAJudge Cutler said: "Whatever you think of him as an individual, Mark Duggan was somebody’s son. No one wanted him to die. "Normally I would hid…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.