Police Service of Northern Ireland
77 topics in this forum
-
-
Anybody out there know who I contact within the PSNI, to discuss a move to that force? Or know what the current transfer process is?
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-38368764 All of them friends and colleagues, christmas ruined for them, an already over stretched station party having to try and plug gaps and never mind the financial cost to replace 3 armoured saloons! Speedy recovery lads and lasses.
-
Sure we have plenty of Peelers......... :-/ PSNI officers 'work unpaid extra day every month' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-38284147 Sent from my SM-G900F using the Police Community App
-
-
Hello guys, I am looking some help on how I should appeal my medical. I failed on colour deficiency with a 5/10 when I required a 7/10 to be accepted. I have been told I can appeal with new medical information and with that, there is a possibility I can challenge the original decision. I have been diagnosed with mild deutan, the application process states I'm allowed unless I'm "severe" and they classify severe as answering >3 incorrectly. I assume if I repeat the same exam and then ask the optician to give me her professional opinion on my colour deficiency (if she sees me as severe or not) and then send all that back to OHW to appeal? The medical letter states …
-
Sorry I have not put this on here sooner, I only spotted this yesterday and I've been mega busy. To my knowledge this is the first time I've seen Dorset Police looking to have transferees from non-office forces but I maybe wrong?? https://www.dorset.police.uk/recruitment/transferees/current-vacancies/
-
- 0 replies
- 304 views
- 1 follower
-
-
So as the title says, I'll be starting Training soon. Any hints or tips on what to expect? I'm a serving prison officer at the minute so I hope my interpersonal skills and cuffing skills are going to help, and my C&R too (not that I enjoy getting hands on with a prisoner, I'd far rather talk someone down than fight it out). All advice gratefully received and appreciated!
-
- 1 reply
- 708 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have passed all stages of recruitment and received a letter telling me recruitment branch would be in touch. Would anyone know how long it usually takes for them to get in contact, or is it just a matter of patience?
-
Just been sent a link to the PSNI's https://www.joinpsni.co.uk/ and it would seem they're looking for regular constables if anyone is interested
-
The lives of two people arrested in connection with a drugs haul and seizures of cash, high-end vehicles and other goods are 'at risk', says their defence solicitor. http://www.u.tv/News/Cocaine-factory-accused-lives-at-risk/2aa37389-2d34-4e6c-b119-d347be0f79a5
-
.............please turn off the tv? The more things change, the more they stay the same.
-
Because the threat level is at 'severe'.......http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-30277548
-
How's it going. I'm currently waiting to hear if I'm in from the 2013 recruitment campaign and fancied posting a few questions if anyone who is currently serving doesn't mind answering. - I heard that new recruits are being posted to NPT rather than response. Anyone know if there is any truth to this? - Out of curiosity, is there a policy on being required to wear hi-vis jackets when on the ground? I presume any policy may differ between districts, but it seems counter-intuitive to walk around as a hi-vis target rather than just a potential target. - How many years are you in and do you still enjoy what you do? I come from a family of RUC officers who took Patten, so …
-
-
- 9 replies
- 1.3k views
- 6 followers
-