Police Service of Northern Ireland
77 topics in this forum
-
-
- 0 replies
- 600 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, hoping somebody can help. I am very keen on joining the Belfast Harbour Police but I have no idea how to get my foot in the door. I realise they carried out a recruitment drive at the beginning of the year in January. I unfortunately missed out on the closing date for this and have been constantly keeping an eye on the recruitment pages waiting for that chance to apply. I am wondering if anyone could tell me how often they recruit and if its only the Belfast Harbour website they advertise on? Also if you could give me some advice on interviews, tests, fitness, assessments, basically anything that would help me bag the career when they finally recruit. I just…
-
Is there a reason why police officers in NI are generally referred to as "Constable Bloggs" and not "PC Bloggs"? Is it a historical thing?
-
I'm hoping someone can give me some more info in regards to the PSNI recruitment process. Does anyone know if the PSNI have financial vetting? There is no mention of it anywhere in their recruitment documents it only mentions convictions. Also, do all candidates who pass the tests go into a random pool at the end and its just random who gets the job or do they take the highest rated candidates first? Thanks!
-
Hi, I'm looking to join Belfast Harbour Police.. but I have no idea how to apply or when and where they advertise. Iv been looking out for it for months but never see posts at the right times. The website they apparently advertise on never have vacancies. Could anyone help me out here and point me in the right direction? Thanks, Neil
-
My apologies if its posted elsewhere. What are peoples thought on this test? It doesn't seem that taxing in my opinion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbiiHODgexc
-
Those shortlisted are : Garda Assistant Commissioner, Derek Byrne Assistant Commissioner Met Police, Cressida Dick Assistant Chief Constable PSNI, George Hamilton I wonder if Mr Baggot will pick up the standard Knighthood on his departure when the honours list is published? http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/top-garda-derek-byrne-in-running-to-head-the-psni-30246010.html
-
-
Does anyone know if PSNI will be looking for more transfers from mainland forces? i have read a lot lately about recruitment opening up again this year but wanted to know if anyone has any news on transfers? Thanks
-
The Police Service of Northern Ireland is looking for experienced Constables who are out of probation, and Detective Constables who are PIP2 accredited, or hold an equivalent national standard. Consideration will be given to sick absence, discipline & performance appraisal records, and applicants will be required to attend an interview. Appointments will be subject to satisfactory vetting, substance misuse test, and health assessment. Further details, or application packs, are available on e-mail to Resourcing@psni.pnn.police.uk http://www.psni.police.uk/directory/careers/transferee_process.htm
-
Is there a GPA in the PSNI? Are there regular social events for LGBT officers?
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19009272 Brixton street gangs eh? Lets hope Matt is still "praying" about the dissident threat!
-
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/psni-may-force-out-its-veterans-16179140.html Don't know if anyone saw that article, I only saw it because some brave soul pinned it up in the station! Seems we have a £30 million black hole and it'll be the man on the ground who suffers. I'm pretty sure blackberries for all, a rubbish IT system, expensive cars for area commanders, unnecessary building work to disused stations, removal of petrol pumps meaning we now buy fuel at retail instead of wholesale prices, rubbish new uniform and jollys to foreign countries for the "top team" havent contributed at all to the budget defecit! :new_hmmm:
-
Only on the news yesterday, and it had almost disappeared already..... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-18207129
-
Report into fatal shooting in Ballynahinch, Co Down, 2006. Ombudsman's Office Report