UK Policing News
News forum for all news from the uk and around the world.
21299 topics in this forum
-
Well, we shall see. Personally, I hope the forces win - purely on the basis this is money the forces cannot afford to lose and it is easy to see CS being used to plug the gap if they have to pay out.... As to whether what the forces did was legal, well good luck with that...
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-26986673
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-26988475
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-26887186 Nine month old accused of planning a murder. In progressive Pakistan. You've only got to take one look at the cute little bundle to know he's hiding some dark and nasty. In his nappy. But I'd imagine that's the extent of his naughtiness.
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/27000918 I'm not a massive fan of 'celebrity' stories. But this one I'll make an exception for. Lee Ryan (from 'band' Blue) has been arrested after his car was seen being driven 'erractically'. He's been charged with failing to provide...........a drugs offence............and criminal damage, after reportedly urinating in his cell. Dirty, dirty boy.........let's hope he has to (at least) pay for the cost of the cleaning of his accomodation for the night.
-
- 1 reply
- 917 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Oh dear. Polled to be taken apart on this show. Could be a blow they will never recover from I wonder if they will make criminal allegations or just stick to what is already well known?
-
reat news – Acpo is on the way out http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/douglascarswellmp/100266321/its-game-over-the-association-of-chief-police-officers-thank-god-for-that/ ___________ Could this mean us specials might get TASER yet?
-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/10755913/Nigel-Evans-should-weak-case-have-been-brought.html
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-26977356
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2572116/Widow-murdered-Pc-Keith-Blakelock-arrives-court-trial-man-accused-killing-1985-Broadwater-Farm-riots.html - Lets hope justice is served this time around. Keiths son is a PC in Derbyshire, at least he was a few years back.
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26865695 I wish I had so much money coming into my account(s) that I completely 'forgot' that the interest rates were coming down so that I wouldn't have to leech, I mean, claim as much in expenses as I used to. The Culture Secretary, Maria Miller, 'owes' £5,800 to cover her mortgage expenses. She didn't steal it. She's going to apologise and pay it back. So that's ok then.
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2573394/Fury-crime-unit-does-EVERYTHING-secret-Agency-dubbed-Britains-FBI-refuses-confirm-deny-involvement-ongoing-investigation-No10-aide.html Obviously this is a story in the nation's favourite fire lighter but even still not sure how simply saying things that are untrue can be good for the media long term. If it does 'everything' (do they know what capitalising things means - hang on - DM journos - probably not) in secret, not sure what the regular stream of stories of arrests and court cases in at least papers in the NW of England is all about. A lot of arrest stories initially just talk about a man from x in his 40s etc, but t…
-
Michael Fabricant (what a great surname for an MP) sacked for tweeting about Maria Miller and his opposition to HS2 - and there was Steve Williams claiming he was bullied - at least Williams was able to leave of his own volition. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26963466
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-26423811 Quite hard to stomach the fact that those who may have assaulted PC Blakelock by punching and kicking him are witnesses and not suspects. If indeed the accused is guilty then I hope he never sees the light of day again.
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26930644 There's a video in the link