South Yorkshire Police
243 topics in this forum
-
Well, I've spoken to Ann in recruitment this morning and it's official, South Yorkshire Police recruitment is on hold until further notice. This was not a shock to me but was still a disappointment. I thought I would share this information on here so that we weren't all calling to find out the result of the Chief's meeting. Whilst on the phone, I told Ann of my concern that by the time recruitment began again, my assessment score would no longer be valid and that my application would be scrapped. Ann told me that South Yorkshire Police have no intention to scrap people's applications and that assessment centre scores will remain valid despite the NPIA's guidance that …
-
- 21 replies
- 4.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi just wanted to say Hi!! i am new to this particular forum although I've been a member of UKpoliceonline for a while.. Just wanted to ask some advice, I have applied to SYP for the 2nd time now for special constable ( 1st time i failed A/C) I am really keen to pass this time, i already work for SYP as Staff. I sent my Application off around 5 weeks ago and have spoken to recruitment today to see how it is progressing they have told me today that i have passed the 1st part of the papersift which is spelling and grammar and they are now marking the 2nd part which is the CBQ, i have been told that you have to get at least 5 points across both questions and you can ge…
-
Just coming up to the tutored patrol phase of training and the specials on my intake are being assigned our stations. Surprisingly for those of us in Sheffield District we were told that there were only a tiny number of places left throughout the city. Only Central and Ecclesfield had vacancies which my intake have now taken up. It appears that this problem is not replicated across the rest of South Yorkshire. Does anybody know anything more about this in SYP, perhaps why it is the case and whether the situation will improve? It seems to contradict the general increasing need for specials and means you get very little choice where you volunteer your time?
-
Hi all, I read recently that SYP had replaced their stock of Stingers to StopSticks. It stated that because they are safer to handle more people could be trained in its use, therefore leading to the decision that they were to be installed in all 'frontline' vehicles, and that all frontline Officers would be trained in its use. My question ladies and gents is: Have Specials been trained in its use as well? The article didn't specifically mention Specials. Linky My curiosity always gets the better of me.. Thanks people!
-
Hiya I've just joined this site and I would like some advice please. I am coming to the end of my training and am a bit nervous about going out there. Are there any regular specials who can remember this time and give me advice please?
-
Locked up forever: West Bar police station closes IT was the end of an era for criminals and coppers alike - as Sheffield’s West Bar police station closed it doors for the last time after almost 50 years. What was once Sheffield’s tallest and most modern building ended up a crumbling shell, and police chiefs locked it up for one final time ready for developers to demolish to make way for a new plush hotel and restaurant. West Bar ‘nick’ opened in 1965 and became a landmark building - towering above all the others in the city centre. It was the place where, in 1982, the European Cup was handed in after a man stole it from Aston Villa players who were celebratin…
-
Hi all, just a few South Yorks' specific questions... (which turned into a few more, apologies! ) Just wondering what kit all new Specials are issued? Everything from a torch to trousers :D On a side note to this, are Specials issued personal or pool stab vests? This is something which concerns me. Also, are Specials issued with pool or personal Airwaves? If they are personal issue are they kept at your Station or are they to be taken home as I know this differs from Force to Force. One last question, Lockers - Will you get one? Thanks for reading and I appreciate all responses! If anyone else has some SYP specific questions which I might have missed do add them on…
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-12678287 A 71-year-old pedestrian has been injured after she was struck by a police car in South Yorkshire. The incident happened at the junction of Westway and New Street in Barnsley at about 1020 GMT. A South Yorkshire Police spokeswoman said the vehicle was responding to an emergency call. The woman, from Monk Bretton, was taken to Barnsley District Hospital but is not thought to be seriously hurt. A number of roads were sealed off in the area but are due to re-open shortly. The spokeswoman said the incident had been referred to the force's professional standards department.
-
-
Hello all, just thought I would introduce myself. After submitting an application last May I've just been contacted by the HR team at South Yorkshire Police to say I've finally passed all the hurdles and been offered a place a Special. Really looking forward to the training, just waiting to receive the joining instructions now. I've opted to start on the 20th March. Is anybody else on the forum starting their training then? Cheers
-
It's pretty quiet in the South Yorkshire area of the forum! What is going on people?! Any new things to share? News, events, anything! How are people's applications going? There must be something happening, we can't have all shrivelled up and disappeared! Stamp out that tumbleweed!
-
Having just joined as a Special with South Yorkshire police, i have my kitting on Thursday. The information i have been sent states that there is a range of boots and shoes to choose from. I was wondering if anyone serving in South Yorkshire can tell me what choice of boots this is as i had a pair of magnums in the forces and would ideally like another pair. Cheers
-
Hi I am new here. Im in my last year of A level study and have always wanted to join the Police Force. Clearly, the current recruiting scenario is poor. I am attending an open day on Saturday for the BA Policing Degree at Middlesex University, London. The description of the degree includes the facility of working placements alongside the Met. The university also states that this is the ONLY university enabling such placements and that the University has extremely close contact with the Met enabling high chances of joining the Police. Obviously, the degree takes 3 years and I am hoping that the recruitment status quo will have changed by 2013/14. I would welcome an…
-
-
- 6 replies
- 4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello to all new recruits.I want this so bad but im afraid that i will be offered a place, my spelling is not to good. Would anybody advice me on wot to do, my grammar is not to good. I deal with customer everyday in my job as a supervisor, so i have good communication skills, dealing with complaints, working as a team. I would be very grateful if you could give me some advice. if application is successful, would the next test, be mt down fall ?
-
Hi folks, Just to make sure that everyone is aware, recruitment for Roads Policing Group Specials is now open!! There are vacancies on both sides of the county, for a specialst role. Trust me, it's good! The advert is on the jobs board on the syp intranet, along with the requirements. If anyone wants to know more, then feel free to give me a shout by either pm or email if you know me!! I'll answer any general questions I can on here. Looking forward to having some new faces!! Ram1us