UK Policing News
News forum for all news from the uk and around the world.
21296 topics in this forum
-
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk...ngland-19635239 18 September 2012 Last updated at 13:01 Share this page Email Print Share this page 507 Share Facebook Twitter Police officer dies during Dale Cregan arrest in Tameside A female police officer has died during an operation to arrest a man in Tameside, Greater Manchester. Officers said a second female police officer was also critically injured during the incident. A witness close to the scene near Ashworth Lane, Mottram, reported hearing 13 gunshots and an explosion. Police said Dale Cregan, wanted in connection with a gun and grenade murder in Clayton, had been arrested. Asst Ch Con Garry Shewan sa…
-
Source: BBC News I notice the line "Shots had been exchanged with armed officers from Surrey and Sussex Tactical Firearms Unit" I would definately not have wanted to be them last night Oh and the unique brilliance of British Policing - "The man appeared to be wounded, but went back into the house. Officers then reacted as swiftly and as safely as possible to enter the house and administer first aid"
-
Just flashed up on the wire. Two GMP officers shot whilst arresting a murder suspect. No further details yet.
-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9338046/PC-Simon-Harwood-on-trial-over-death-of-newspaper-seller-Ian-Tomlinson-in-G20-riots.html
-
-
- 81 replies
- 11k views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://www.kentonlin...EWPXYvM.twitter
-
"If I were standing, I'd pledge to clean up the dog poo and Taser groups of three or more teenagers on sight," quipped the world-weary member of a police authority I met at a conference. "I'd be a shoe-in. They'd all vote for me because these elections are about what's popular - not necessarily what is right." He was being deliberately absurd - but the point behind it gets right to the heart of the biggest shake-up in British policing for decades: Your vote may redefine how the police keep your community safe. In just a few weeks' time, 41 individuals will become police and crime commissioners after pitching their vision for cleaning up the streets of England and Wales…
-
-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9543764/Mentally-ill-to-be-allowed-to-become-MPs-serve-on-juries-and-be-company-directors.html I always thought that was a pre-requisite for becoming an MP, and that you had criminal tendencies.
-
I thought this was interesting. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9545415/Former-Met-commissioner-Sir-Paul-Stephenson-visits-British-court.html
-
-
- 11 replies
- 961 views
- 2 followers
-
-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9546136/Man-wounded-in-police-shooting.html Some people just never learn, if you shoot at police officers you are likely to be shot.
-
- 4 replies
- 585 views
- 1 follower
-
-
M, the thread is here. I will move your post across and close this thread.
-
- 0 replies
- 435 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm on my phone so can't post the full article myself. Durranhill Police Station in Carlisle has been evacuated and local roads closed after a local resident went into the police station and put dynamite on the front desk. The BBC article says they were trying to hand them in following the death of a family member who had been licenced to keep them. Police say that it is still in-situ waiting for EOD to arrive from Catterick. http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-19604907
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk...ngland-19611119 West Midlands specials marked at National Memorial Arboretum The arboretum in Alrewas, Staffordshire, marks the sacrifices made by armed and civil servicesContinue reading the main story Related Stories Service to remember armed forces Arboretum plans for world centre Hiroshima stone marks war deaths A memorial is being unveiled later at the National Memorial Arboretum to mark the work of volunteer special constables across the West Midlands. It is being laid in The Beat area of the Staffordshire site, dedicated to the police forces of England and Wales. A commemorative stone has been designed and carved by War…
-
http://www.telegraph...-Toblerone.html I hope they are taken to task over their 3 hour lunchbreak too.