Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Research Requests & Surveys

Posting Guidelines

From time to time users will post a request to our members to complete a survey or questionnaire for them, usually related to some university or college work.

If you have a survey that you'd like users of Police Community to complete, then please create it within this forum area. All requests will need to be approved by the Moderation Team before being visible to the members. Requests for forum users to complete surveys that are posted elsewhere will be deleted without consultation. You must enter a date that the survey or research project is due to be completed on so that we can remove it from our website once complete, this is so that users aren't left posting data to a survey that's no longer needed.

  1. lhogg
    Started by lhogg * ,

    Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any understanding of the vetting process, who could give me a little advice. I have 4 deaulted accounts, which are historic accounts. These accounts do have payment plans in place and are managed, to which i can provide a statement history to evidence the payment plan / payments made etc. Does anyone know if this will cause me to fail my vetting for PC? Many thanks in advance.

  2. chunk83
    Started by chunk83,

    Hello Looking for some advice. I am looking at removing my six and four year old from school for a week. As you are all aware leave is restricted and wondered if anyone had a letter that they have written up to a school asking for leave to be granted from a police officer prospective.

  3. Kirsty
    Started by Kirsty * ,

    Hi, So, I have been offered a start date of 30th April. My training will be in London but I am from Swindon, does anyone know if I will be given accommodation whilst training in London? Also does anyone know what days training are? I.e Monday to Friday, Monday to Saturday etc.

  4. Andy Small
    Started by Andy Small * ,

    So I failed my vetting last week I appealed against it and lost that as well this was due to not adding information about dealings with the police in the past the most I have on my record is an adult caution for fighting which was back in 2010 could someone answer me please if you can rejoin and start all over again or do you have to wait a time period It’s near impossible to get a simple answer to the amount emails are sent out I just wanna know if I can or cannot as I made a simple mistake I missed out some key information which now I’m kicking myself for but on this hand I have sent off for my criminal record to be sent to me which I have paid for so now I’ll be read…

  5. D.shaw1997
    Started by D.shaw1997 * ,

    Hello, I'm a third-year university student and I am conducting research for my dissertation regarding institutional racism in the police and would appreciate if anyone could kindly fill in the following survey, it is due in in a month so if anyone could help me i would be extremely grateful - https://survey.zohopublic.eu/zs/sCCCtv .

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. D.shaw1997
    Started by D.shaw1997 * ,

    Hello, I'm a third-year university student and I am conducting research for my dissertation regarding institutional racism in the police and would appreciate if anyone could kindly fill in the following survey, it is due in in a month so if anyone could help me i would be extremely grateful - https://survey.zohopublic.eu/zs/sCCCtv .

    • 0 replies
    • 835 views
  7. sharpel
    Started by sharpel * ,

    Hi I'm currently researching working unsociable hours and the effects on health, work life balance and sleep deprivation could you please take a few minutes to complete my questionnaire if you work anything outside the normal 9-5 hours https://ljmu.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/does-working-unsociable-hours-affect-a-persons-health-wo

  8. Ben Wilson
    Started by Ben Wilson * ,

    Hi All, I'll be starting my training in January and just wanted to get peoples recommendations in regards patrol boots? I've looked online at various reviews and the LOWA patrol boot comes out on top, just thought I'd see what peoples opinions are? Cheers in advance Ben

  9. JayKay
    Started by JayKay * ,

    Hi i am currently part of the way through the application process for humberside police. I would be grateful if someone could run through the current shift pattern implemented at the moment. Thank you

  10. ajpb
    Started by ajpb * ,

    https://strawpoll.com/8sb2f73z I am currently researching the best way to reach the maximum amount of officers that need help and in a comfortable environment. Please choose an answer to help out. Thank you.

  11. RachShep95
    Started by RachShep95 * ,

    I have an interview with BTP on the 19th. I have to put together a presentation and I have to explain why I've chosen BTP in Particular rather than Home Office force. I've never really come across that. What am I supposed to say?

  12. LauraCarnegie
    Started by LauraCarnegie * ,

    Hello, I am looking for Police Officers of any rank to take part in a 10 minute questionnaire for a post graduate research project. It involves reading a fictional case summary and completing a questionnaire. If you would like to take part or find out more information, please click here. Thank you

    • 0 replies
    • 1.4k views
    LauraCarnegie *
  13. Rhianna
    Started by Rhianna * ,

    Hi there, I am currently looking for Specials or Police Constables with at least 2 years of service experience to take part in an interview for my Master's Dissertation Research Project. My project is about understanding the experiences of being a member of the police and how these experiences can impact their identity, the way in which they work and also their everyday lives. The interview should range from between 45 -60 minutes. I would really appreciate your help! If you have any questions about the project or about the interview itself please do not hesitate to contact me via email at N0514243@ntu.ac.uk Thank you so much!

  14. suttgra
    Started by suttgra * ,

    Hi all, I'm conducting a dissertation centered on PCSO powers, if they have enough and any changes that should be made. It's due shortly, and I've been struggling to get the number of responses I need. If any PCSO's could fill out the online version I'd be extremely grateful. It will only take a few minutes and is anonymous. https://www.esurveycreator.co.uk/s/b65a68c

    • 0 replies
    • 999 views
  15. Rico16
    Started by Rico16 * ,

    Hi I've decided to apply for the police after a long think, after almost filling in the online details I came across the education section where it said GCSE is required. As I wasn't the best student at school education was not a priority and didn't do great. I'm actually in the process of applying to do my GCSE at a mature student. I spoke to a police officer today who was helpful and said she didn't think it was necessary and also suggested I looked at this forum. Can someone help me and tell me if whether I do need my GCSE or not please or anything I should do before/while applying. Thank you in advance Rico

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.