Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cheshire Constabulary

 
 
  1. bobb1546620707
    Started by bobb1546620707,

    Hi, I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about when Cheshire Police will be having another intake of officers. I know some student officers have started training this August 2011 but i am unsure when the next intake will be. I currently have the Physical, Medical and Vetting to complete. My main concern is also the time frame of my application!!! It has been a longtime!!! Anyone else in a similar position? Thanks Bobb

    • 0 replies
    • 981 views
  2. cheshirecat1546081314
    Started by cheshirecat1546081314,

    Hi all :lol: im Rich im 24 from Cheshire i've been umming and airing for a while now about becoming a special as ultimately i want to get into the force full time within the next couple of years. ive just left college after 2 years full time studying as a vehicle mechanic so while im looking for work im going to go to the next recruitment seminar at Winsford on august the 11th i've found ALOT of helpful information on this forum so there isnt really many questions to ask is anybody else currently training/applying for the specials in cheshire at the moment?

    • 6 replies
    • 2.8k views
  3. cheshirespecial1
    Started by cheshirespecial1,

    Cheshire Police are having a Special Constable recruitment drive If anyone is interested in finding out more and picking up an application pack the dates are: 11th August 6.30pm 25th August 6.30pm At Police HQ in Winsford. Further details are available on www.cheshire.police.uk/jobs/specialconstables To reserve a place please email recruitment@cheshire.pnn.police.uk indicating which seminar you wish to attend.

    • 3 replies
    • 2.7k views
    cheshirecat1546081314
  4. maverick1231546620740
    Started by maverick1231546620740,

    A brand new BBC3 documentary series is looking for serving and retired police officers to tell us about the funniest and strangest things that have happened to them during their career. We’d like to hear about: • The daftest or most incompetent criminals you’ve ever encountered. • The funniest thing that ever happened to you during your time on the force. If you are interested in taking part, please contact us so that we can tell you a bit more about the show. We’d also love to hear your stories. Our programme will provide an insight into best practices, celebrate the achievements of the police and convey a strong central message: Crime doesn’t pay and …

    • 0 replies
    • 551 views
    maverick1231546620740
  5. fez2110
    Started by fez2110,

    Hi everyone, Ive been updating the other topic about recruitment since 2009 and luckily I have been given my starting date with Cheshire as 15th August 2011. I can't wait to get going but I have a few questions I wonder if anyone can answer??? I live in the Manchester area so I will be commuting to and from Winsford DHQ and Chester University in Warrington on a daily basis. I am wondering the following...: 1) What time will the classes start and finish for training? (I'm thinking either 8am or 9am with a 4pm or 5pm finish) 2) Will using public transport be a realistic option or do I use my car? (There are train stations near DHQ and the Uni in Warringtion) 3) Does a…

  6. wanabe
    Started by wanabe,

    I've posted it in here but it seems a bit quite in the Cheshire section. Just reading about other forces policies of only letting specials work with NPTs. Is this the case with Cheshire or can we work on response?

    • 3 replies
    • 2.6k views
    Sledge Hammer
  7. ketchup
    Started by ketchup,

    Well it seems most of the other force specific areas are doing this so I thought it'd be nice if we had a chat thread too. Also I thought it would get more people talking as Cheshire seems very quiet in comparison to most of the other force specific segments. So I guess a free for all begins; anything goes! Where abouts are you guys from and if a serving officer where do you serve?

    • 52 replies
    • 10.8k views
  8. 159
    Started by 159,

    Looking out my front window this morning I saw a marked police car pulling up in the road next to the local alcoholics house. Nothing unusual in that I thought. What was unusual was the fact that two rather burly looking PCSO's emerged in their distinctive light blue T-shirts and uniform. Is this common in Cheshire ? They wont even let Specials drive in Merseyside and I was flabberghasted to be honest. No wonder people are confused about the roll of PCSO's these days.

    • 15 replies
    • 6.9k views
  9. bonkerskirsty1546081261
    Started by bonkerskirsty1546081261,

    Anyone going to the Specials Open Evening in Jan?

    • 0 replies
    • 3.3k views
    bonkerskirsty1546081261
  10. Cheshireman
    Started by Cheshireman,

    Hi I start on the intake for Cheshire Constabulary Specials tomorrow morning. Just wondered if anyone else out there reading these pages is also due on this intake? If so, i dont know how you are feeling but mine is definate excitement with a mix of anticipation. I think that PS.com has really helped me to know some of what i can expect during training though so not quite as daunting as it could have been. Anyway, if there is anyone due to start tomorrow let me know.

    • 1 reply
    • 3.5k views
    Gibson1546081142
  11. Mr So Special
    Started by Mr So Special,

    Just thought I'd start something to see if there is anyone else who is applying to the specials for the seminars in Sept 10 (doesn't matter which one)! Always nice to see how others are doing and provide a bit of positive re-enforcement!

    • 2 replies
    • 4.4k views
    Gibson1546081142
  12. Panda8
    Started by Panda8,

    1. Is having a caution several years ago likely to result in an application being declined? 2. On the application form, what are they looking for, other than spelling & grammar? I assume that becoming a Special would increase your chances of being accepted as a regular, providing you do a good job Would this be true?

    • 6 replies
    • 5.2k views
    Gibson1546081142
  13. Jon!
    Started by Jon! +,

    Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew when Cheshire were going to do their next open day as I've googled it and I can find advertisements for open days in 2007 and 2008 but none for 2009. I have also looked on their website and I've had no luck. Thanks Jon

    • 14 replies
    • 6.5k views
  14. jhonno1546081117
    Started by jhonno1546081117,

    Hello I know this has been rasied mant times but when i ask people i get differant responces.... maybe someone here can help What is the reason a special constable who has the same "equipment" as a regular officer unable to have a tac vest? Even if this was purchased by the officer or from HQ. Regular officers have them and i know north wales police give a choice of tac vest or belt. Can some one please give me a reason as to why we are behind? Thanks

    • 14 replies
    • 5.4k views
  15. simo84
    Started by simo84,

    Hi guys and girls. I've just recently left the Territorial Army after 7 years and looking to do something new. I'm booked onto a seminar at HQ in Winsford on the 9th December to see what its all about and I guess the recruitment process will begin in the new year. Can anyone give us a idea of the process and what it consists of? Ive looked on the website but it doesn't go into it a great deal. I'm sure all will be revealed at the seminar but its always nice to have a heads up on things. Also if anyone could just lets us know of their own experiences as a special in Cheshire would be great. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

    • 6 replies
    • 4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.