Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ambulance Service

A discussion area dedicated to all matters which are specific to the Ambulance Service

  1. DanielS

    I have seemed to find myself in this conversations between a few people in the last couple of weeks about some emergency services required to wear stab vests. Now this I was going to restrict just to St John Ambulance because this is where I have only heard this being talked about. Though there are other organisations out there who do the same things as us and completely different and I think they should have there views as well. I think it would be a sad day the day I'm told I have to wear a stab vest on duty. But I can see points from both sides of the fence. The wide range of people we treat and what injures they have on duties isn't just a little cut or a fall in …

    • 63 replies
    • 12k views
    Captain Tezza
  2. Josh'Grizzly'Gregory
    Started by Josh'Grizzly'Gregory,

    Has been bugging me for a while now, can someone please explain why paramedics have the 'para' bit in their name? I mean fair enough if they are military medics dropped into areas by air but guys in trucks have to be called this... Really :S Just makes no sense to me. Not saying there's anything wrong with medics but can't figure out why they are called paramedics.

    • 5 replies
    • 2.7k views
  3. Guest GodAtum
    Started by Guest GodAtum,

    I was watching this today and saw a medical team of 2 doctors and 2 nurses from the local hospital attending a RTC. Are they part of BASICS or something separate?

    • 1 reply
    • 1.7k views
  4. DanielS
    Started by DanielS +,

    Have a look at this video before you read on. http://player.vimeo.com/video/19139695 Now, am all for everyone learning at least basic first aid which could make the difference between a life lost and a life saved, but is this going a step too far? I respect that we have Community First Responders over here, but they have the training and equipment to hopefully start the process of trying to help that person. Someone who is basic ELS trained responding to 911/999 from the fire department/EMS kind of concerns me really. Your views?

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.8k views
  5. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    I am pleased to announce that DanielS has been selected to mini mod this area, so will shortly be giving the place a good spruce and brush-up

    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Alan Partridge +
  6. Robochop
    Started by Robochop,

    Hi Everyone. I thought I'd post a thread in this new section for everyone to post suggestions for this "unique" section of the forum. It may only be around for 3 months, depending on how popular/unpopular it is, but I think we could still make the most of it, while it's here. So, please feel free to suggest what we should do to improve this section, in order to make your experience in here, a pleasurable one. Regards Robo

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 3.5k views
  7. Guest GodAtum
    Started by Guest GodAtum,

    A fasinating show, those are really brave guys!

    • 6 replies
    • 1.9k views
  8. dbrad
    Started by dbrad,

    Anyone heard of a St John forum site? Sure i've heard of something and seems like it would be a popular thing if there was one.

    • 14 replies
    • 3k views
  9. ds1989
    Started by ds1989,

    Are all of the Fire Brigades in the UK going through the same recruitment freeze as the Poilce are?

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.8k views
  10. Guest GodAtum
    Started by Guest GodAtum,

    Not sure if this is a new series but was watching Dog squad on Sky3 today. the only comment I have was thay blanked out the faces of the two special branch officers but not their ID badges, oops

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. Constable Sy
    Started by Constable Sy +,

    Hello all. It has been many moons since i last posted. I have been shortlisted to attend an assessment for LAS in January. The assessment consists of; Dictation test, multiple choice test consisting of maths, map reading, infection control and highway code and finally a lifting assessment. Can anyone elaborate on what to expect and give any advice to help. Thanks guys and girls. Sy.

    • 5 replies
    • 2.5k views
  12. Guest GodAtum
    Started by Guest GodAtum,

    How come some doctor's cars are fitted with blue lights? I thought doctors are only meant to use green ligts? E.g:

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 10.2k views
  13. Guest GodAtum
    Started by Guest GodAtum,

    What are all the different fire service bibs that they wear? I've seen incident commander, command support.

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 1.9k views
  14. TheSwift
    Started by TheSwift,

    I'm thinking about applying for a job as a Control Operator with the Fire and Rescue Service. I have considered similar roles with the police but they aren't recruiting currently! Just wondering if there is anyone out there with experience in this role to tell me what the job offers! Many Thanks!

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 2.8k views
  15. 5284
    Started by 5284,

    Hi all, a few weeks ago i was lucky enough to pay a visit and get a tour of the devon and somerset fire and rescue special operations unit. usually you have to book the visit 4months in advance but was on business with the red cross fire support unit. i saw things some incredible things which im not supposed to talk about so i understand the secrecy of this branch wouldnt really allow us to talk too much about them, however i was wondering if anyone here has had the pleasure of working with them? or any interesting stories?

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 2.8k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.