Flat feet

tru

Sorry if I post this in the wrong section but, has anyone here ever had flat? if so does anyone know the cure, I have recently started running and my feet ache like crazy I was told it was because I have no arches in foot.

i had them as a child and had to wear 'built up shoes' to correct what they then called fallen arches.  I don't know why it was an issue because I ended up being a flat foot anyway.  :D

• Like 1

You should be able to get trainers that are designed for flat feet, or you can get orthotics made up that go into normal trainers . I'm not sure if you can go via your GP for orthotics or if it's a case of paying for it yourself.

A proper running shop can help you out with gait analysis of your running and will be able to recommend suitable trainers, just make sure they're reputable and not going to flog you the most expensive pair they sell!

• Like 2

Consider seeing a podiatrist. (stating the obvious) feet are connected to leg, then hips, then lower back. You can start down a path to a bad back through something as simple as your feet and calves aching for a while and it doesn't get better.

Consider seeing a podiatrist. (stating the obvious) feet are connected to leg, then hips, then lower back. You can start down a path to a bad back through something as simple as your feet and calves aching for a while and it doesn't get better.

Thanks you have a point, I am rather knock kneed too, I gonna buy some thick insoles for slipper and trainers. thanks everyone.

• 1 year later...
On 20/02/2015 at 14:14, tru said:

Thanks you have a point, I am rather knock kneed too, I gonna buy some thick insoles for slipper and trainers. thanks everyone.

When I was a kid, they used to correct those who suffered this by them having to wear 'callipers', which were metal splints / rods attached to the shoes by leather straps with leather straps attaching them to the middle and upper leg too.  You can imagine what you would have looked like as a child in my day with these contraptions and built-up shoes too!? :unsure:  Good luck!