I want (need) a new mobile phone

Chief Cheetah

• Management

Thinking of a new phone and I have been looking at Huawei for some time.

I quite fancy a P Smart 2019, Sim Free, it can be had for approx £180.

There's lots of news about Huawei and the future but from what I can see anything already running Android is safe and will receive all updates as well as be allowed to access Google Play etc.

So has anyone got any experience of one of these or any Huawei product?  Anything I haven't considered?

I'm not familiar with the P Smart. Laughed a little at the name (Pee Smart). 😁

I quiet like Huawei's phones, especially the ones with the Leica camera lenses.

I think the spat will get sorted, I suspect it is likely to be a political issue. 

It might also relate to the new Google OS (e.g. what comes after android - Fuscia I think it's called) rather than android. 

Fingers crossed it all works out, otherwise I'll have to go shopping for a new phone! 

I'd be tempted to try Samsung again, if I had to move from Huawei, although they're not cheap. 

• Like 1

Just got a Huawei P20 pro and I must say I'm loving it. Looked at the P30 but I wasn't spending nearly £1000 on a phone even though it's the thing I use most😂 Absolutely love it and the camera is an absolutely massive upgrade. Pretty decent performance wise too!

• Like 1

• Management

Got the P Smart 2019 today (well I suppose it was yesterday now) and I am very happy with it.  My old phone had slowed tremendously and was almost unworkable.  It was running Android 6 but now on 9 it 's a dream.

A mate asked me today if it was noticeably quicker and I told him this.  Whilst setting it up I was watching TV.  I happened to be watching Only Fools and Horses and the Formula 1 qualifying.  The difference between my old and new phones was akin to the vehicles used in these two programmes.

There's a couple of things I'm not yet used to and could be better but I'll get accustomed to it I suppose.  Notably there isn't the same LED notifications as my last phone,in fact this new one hardly has them and when it does it's a tiny little thing.  Not the phones fault but upon installing twitter I have had to adopt the truly awful new interface, I hate it.

My last phone was a Blackberry (a BB Priv), in fact all my last phones have been Blackberry's going back over 12 years.  I do miss some of the BB apps. I could have them again but you have to pay a monthly fee for them and I'm too tight for that.

I'm sure I will get used to it and will love it in no time just like I loved my BB's.