Amazon Fire Tablets

SCKev

Has anyone got a Amazon Fire Tablet.

I've been looking for a tablet for a while but not a fan of APPLE I do like how easy to use Ipads are but the price of them is ridiculous.
Amazon are doing their FIRE HD10 for £139.99 at the moment, just wondering if they are any good for the price.

i know you get what you pay for and all that, if anyone has one can you recommend or do i stay clear.

Fire HD 10, 10.1'' HD Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB (White) - Includes Special Offers

RRP:£169.99

Price: £139.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK.

You Save: £30.00 (18%)

· Our largest and thinnest Fire tablet yet, made to enhance your entertainment. Available in black or white

· Beautiful widescreen 10.1" HD display with over a million pixels (149 ppi / 1280 x 800)

· Fast quad-core processor up to 1.5 GHz. Rear-facing 5MP camera and front-facing HD camera

· Prime members can stream thousands of Prime Video titles, access over 800,000 book titles, thousands of audiobooks and over a million songs

· Prime members can download thousands of Prime Video movies and TV shows to watch offline anywhere

· Amazon Underground: All-new, one-of-a-kind app store experience where thousands of apps, games and in-app items are actually free -- including extra lives, unlocked levels, unlimited add-on packs and more

· Enjoy more than 38 million songs, movies, TV shows, books, apps and games

· Add a microSD card for up to 128GB of additional storage. Free unlimited cloud storage for all Amazon content and photos taken with Fire devices

· Up to 8 hours of reading, surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video and listening to music

Stay connected with fast web browsing, e-mail and calendar support

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fire-10-1-Display-Wi-Fi-White/dp/B00ZAQFBHQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1447432704&sr=8-4&keywords=amazon+fire+hd+10

Edited by SCKev

I'd rather pay more for a well-rounded product. That said, I have the first edition Kindle by Amazon and it worked rather well.

I have looked at the Fire, and tested it, but it felt rather clunky and the interface wasn't very friendly. Everyone is different though. I mean there are some people who prefer Android believe it or not! I've not had a platform as bad and buggy as that since the days of Motorola/Nokia and HTC with Windows OS!

• Like 1

I'd rather pay more for a well-rounded product. That said, I have the first edition Kindle by Amazon and it worked rather well.

I have looked at the Fire, and tested it, but it felt rather clunky and the interface wasn't very friendly. Everyone is different though. I mean there are some people who prefer Android believe it or not! I've not had a platform as bad and buggy as that since the days of Motorola/Nokia and HTC with Windows OS!

I prefer Android to Apple. i was also thinking about Samsung Galaxy tabs as i have a Galaxy Note but even the prices of them are crazy .

mates got a couple of Ipads and yes they are so easy to use but like i said the price is mental.

HTC with Windows OS!

Thankfully, my contract finishes in 2 months and I'll be returning to android. Looking at getting the HTC Desire 626, looks like quite a nice phone. :aok:

Thankfully, my contract finishes in 2 months and I'll be returning to android. Looking at getting the HTC Desire 626, looks like quite a nice phone. :aok:

....if you're nearing retirement :D

Lets face it, I'm nearly 50, its more than adequate for my needs. :aok:

And now it smells of wee as well.

My 4 1/2 year old iPhone 4 smells sweet, although it does take time to open some of the apps these days!. Do phones get arthritis?.