Transporting kit between stations... On a motorbike

MrJ

I did my CBT a few years ago but due to a change in circumstances, I never made use of it. Now I'm reverting back to the old situation and am looking at going for my CBT again and getting a 125cc bike as my commuter. Ordinarily I cycle to the nick and back, but it has become a bit of a chore getting back at 3-7am and as we all know, winter is coming. It has also made it a bit of a pain getting to other stations as I use public transport and that's not available 24/7 like the emergency services are!

Thus, a motorbike looks like a good, affordable, choice (I got rid of my car in the Summer). However, a downside is the lack of storage capacity compared to a car... How the heck am I going to get kit to a different station if I have an event or training on?

Has anyone got any experience of using a motorbike as a transport machine? I could probably stick a custodian + belt in a top bag/tail-pack and then jackets in saddle-bags and then accessories in a backpack. The real issue seems to be moving body armour around! Without having to remove the panels at every changeover, the only option I can see is to wear it underneath the motorcycle jacket and hope nobody notices. I'm sure there is an easier way? I'd prefer not to have it in a backpack as I'm sure that's just going to be uncomfortable.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

MrJ

Check insurance regarding CS carriage there's a couple of mentions on here about it being frowned upon

Check insurance regarding CS carriage there's a couple of mentions on here about it being frowned upon

We are often, and routinely, told to bring Captor and the radio from our home station whenever we work at an alternate site. I will have to check official Constabulary guidelines but it is generally accepted by all (including supervision) that we should do it that way.

Let me see if I can dig out links, but it was IIRC to do with the carriage of CS in personal vehicles and it's presence voiding your insurance if involved in an RTC

Let me see if I can dig out links, but it was IIRC to do with the carriage of CS in personal vehicles and it's presence voiding your insurance if involved in an RTC

Please do, it may need announcing to the higher-ups if that's the case.

https://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php/topic/127068-multiple-stations/

Rhis is the most recent thread I can find that mentions the subject

That is an interesting point. I'll have to ask our supervision to put something in writing. As with most things, it's all word of mouth and out-of-date leaflets.