Contacts And Daily Life.

SCKev

I've had to wear glasses all my life well more so when I was younger I had to wear patches have a squint operation and as I got older only had to wear them for reading, TV, computers and when concentrating for a long time.

Lately I’ve noticed that I need them a bit more at work but and when driving sometimes,, especially more so at night with all the lights.

I took the plunge and decided to wear daily contacts as I thought it would be better for when I am doing police work , I started off with (not sure of the name) didn’t get on with them at all they were annoying I could feel they were there so I’ve now moved onto 1-Day Acuvue Moist.

But I still feel like my eyes are drying out. Has anyone had the same problems?

or what contacts do people use?

was laser eye surgery an option?

I've had to wear glasses all my life well more so when I was younger I had to wear patches have a squint operation and as I got older only had to wear them for reading, TV, computers and when concentrating for a long time.

Lately I’ve noticed that I need them a bit more at work but and when driving sometimes,, especially more so at night with all the lights.

I took the plunge and decided to wear daily contacts as I thought it would be better for when I am doing police work , I started off with (not sure of the name) didn’t get on with them at all they were annoying I could feel they were there so I’ve now moved onto 1-Day Acuvue Moist.

But I still feel like my eyes are drying out. Has anyone had the same problems?

or what contacts do people use?

was laser eye surgery an option?

Acuvue TruEye.

Or laser surgery. Cheaper in the long run.

Acuvue TruEye.

Or laser surgery. Cheaper in the long run.

I thought about laser surgery but was told that the police may not take me on due to it, He said even though the eye heals fully after about 3 months it could be delicate for up to a year and for that reason the police may be reluctant to allow me to join.

I've watched this and is a real eye opener (sorry the pun) https://youtu.be/l0kGMuTZXPI

I also thought that it only last around 10 years?

LASIK and LASEK is usually fine it's just the more complex keratotomy that usually poses a problem. Best off speaking to occ health about it but I've never known anyone to have any issues after a month's rest.

I'll have to go and have a chat about it.

My contacts are 31 a month 372 a year and 3720 for 10 years where as surgery is around 5k I was told depending on how bad or good your prescription is. Like I said I thought the surgery only lasted 10 odd years but I'm probably wrong. Thanks Goody

I'll have to go and have a chat about it.

My contacts are 31 a month 372 a year and 3720 for 10 years where as surgery is around 5k I was told depending on how bad or good your prescription is. Like I said I thought the surgery only lasted 10 odd years but I'm probably wrong. Thanks Goody

Probably cost you £50 a month for laser over 3 years or so. Like you say, depends on the strength (which annoys me) but there you go.

Have a consultation. Usually get money off for being job. 10% at Vision Express I think but push for 20% as council workers seem to get that and they cut trees and fill in pot holes. Occasionally.

Edited by P.C.Goody

Haha I've just switched to vision express for my contacts. When I get in ill be going back to them.

Probably cost you £50 a month for laser over 3 years or so. Like you say, depends on the strength (which annoys me) but there you go.

Have a consultation. Usually get money off for being job. 10% at Vision Express I think but push for 20% as council workers seem to get that and they cut trees and fill in pot holes. Occasionally.

I've never touched a pothole in my life, if you'd said drank tea by the gallon and issued FPNs for hotdogs I'd have let you off
  • Like 1

I wear Specsavers own brand dailies when I'm on duty. I find that the more you wear them the more your eyes get used to them, I've had mine for about 2 years now and getting them in/out is a doddle. I don't like wearing my glasses in case of a roll around and it also serves as a bit of a disguise as most folks would know me as a glasses-wearer and don't recognise me when I've got my contacts in.

Have you tried eye drops? It might just be that your eyes will need to get used to them.

I wondering now if part of the reason is the air con?

Every room at work has it and in out inspection areas it can be 11°c and then depending whether it's an ambient or reefer container.