Traffic camera

Special Superman

Hi everyone just wondering if I will have triggered a red light camera.

Basically I was at some junction lights were green so I went through, the cars in front of me stopped so I did as well still in the junction (it was not a box junction I.e. no yellow markings) I was near to the other set of lights to finish the box junction when traffic stopped moving and the lights went red.

There was a red light camera so will I have been flashed even though I went through on green originally

True but I want to pre empt so I can cry or not

• Like 1

If you crossed the stop line when the lights were green I think you'll be OK.

Yeah I did cross when it was green bit my concern is how it decides to trigger as I was in the junction when the lights went red as I had to stop.. and if I hit a wire or however it triggers when the lights were red

This is why two photos are taken - the first would show your vehicle crossing the stop line the second is you after it.

Interestingly they also take pictures if you go before the green light shows- ie when both red and amber are showing

Also -

Our standard disclaimer: This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. PoliceSpecials.com disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - the documents available in the 'Reference Library' and 'Downloads' areas.

Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the host, moderators or other users of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.

Cheers everyone, well if it is the second photo I should be OK touch wood. as I was sat waiting just before the second line I believe

I will let you know in just over two weeks then

Alright cheers everyone I shall prepare to cry as above :)

I'd say as long as you passed the Whitley line before it went red you're safe. Once you pass the white line you should continue to your exit otherwise you're in the way