Property marking advice

prolixia

I'd like to security mark some of my property (bikes, pushchair, TV, that kind of stuff) and am looking for recommendations of a product to do that with.

I don't want to use a UV pen because it wears off so quickly. I also don't want to use a hand engraver because I'll make a mess of my stuff. Expensive stickers linked to databases of property don't interest me either - I've already registered my more expensive stuff with immobilise.com and it's more a permanent visible marking that I now want rather than a service to store information about my property.

I'm thinking of something along the following lines:

SecurityMarkingComp003.jpg

Any recommendations?

Thing is what if you move or change your telephone number? Or sell it legitimately where the new owner has those wrong details?

I was planning on using just my mother's house number and postcode - that's pretty permanent and I move around a lot.

As for selling things on, I'm not overly concerned. I generally keep things until they are no longer worth anything (no one would actually pay for my laptop, but experience tells me it would still be nicked!)

To be honest mostly stuff with serial numbers. Bikes, computers, TV, and so on.

I thought about this recently when I spent a terrifying amount of money on a pram (which unlike a bike has no serial number) and started to hear stories about people having them away on trains etc. Apparently it's not too uncommon to find your nice pram disappeared and a mouldy cheap one left in its place because someone thought they deserved an upgrade. I feel that visible marking would make it less stealable.