HELP - PCV/LGV Driving Theory Test and SORN

Burnie

I'm hoping someone can help me.

I'm going through the process of attaining my D1 licence through the Police. They have me booked in to take the theory test next month however, despite repeated asking, they have not sent me a copy of the theory book.

Now I've downloaded multiple apps which claim to be valid for theory tests taken after April 2014 but, to my mind, they are wrong when it comes to questions about SORN.

As you will know, SORN declarations used to be valid for only 12 months. However, as you may well also know, this changed a few months ago and now the SORN status lasts indefinitely until you either tax, sell or scrap the car.

And now the crux of my question. These "April 2014 onwards" test apps expect me to say a SORN lasts for 12 months in order to get the question right but I don't know what the official test will expect.

Does anyone know if the official test been updated yet to reflect the new indefinite SORNs or will I still have to answer "12 months" for SORN length to get the test question right even though this is now, legally, incorrect?

Edited by Burnie

The DSA should use questions that reflect the current position.

You'd like to think that with sorn changing, they would modify the question so that previous answers are not an option.

Edited by HazRat

Try calling the test centre? Or ask on the day?

I'm with HazRat though, it should be using current legislation.