Cleaning toilets in school.

Chuken

Can a teacher make you clean toilets in school? Some of my mates have to clean the toilets as a punishment for walking out of the class when told to stay behind. They have to do this for a week. Is this allowed or is there some sort of law against this type of thing.

I would strongly advise against becoming the classroom lawyer. Believe me.

Nope no law. The can also make you litter pick in the playing grounds.

Edited by wanabe

When I was at school you took your punishment! not like today where a teacher even sneezes at you and they are up on a charge!

This topic has absolutely nothing to do with the purpose of the General Discussion forum which is questions or comments relating to the Special Constabulary or UK policing generally.

Therefore, topic moved to Help me! Everything else.

Can a teacher make you clean toilets in school? Some of my mates have to clean the toilets as a punishment for walking out of the class when told to stay behind. They have to do this for a week. Is this allowed or is there some sort of law against this type of thing.

Yes it is allowed.

Here is the DfE guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/277894/Behaviour_and_Discipline_in_Schools_-a_guide_for_headteachers_and_school_staff.pdf

On another note, it's an important life skill to a) listen to authority figures especially when you're at school and b) learn from your mistakes. I would suggest your 'friends' learn this life lesson.

Therefore, topic moved to Help me! Everything else.

I can see it headed to the Locker Room in short order...

Yes it is allowed.

Here is the DfE guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/277894/Behaviour_and_Discipline_in_Schools_-a_guide_for_headteachers_and_school_staff.pdf

On another note, it's an important life skill to a) listen to authority figures especially when you're at school and b) learn from your mistakes. I would suggest your 'friends' learn this life lesson.

Or at minimum respect the fact they get a free education and stop walking out the classroom and disrupting those who actually value their education.

Maybe they deserve it and should take the punishment...

Question asked and answered.

To stop this topic going down the pan any further - topic closed.

• Like 5