Teenage Fitness Plan

OscarWhiskeyEchoNovember

I need help creating a fitness plan, I don't do much exercise since I have no money (to join a gym) and have Ben afraid to, due to bullying but I would like a. Plan I could do at home without paying for anything

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OscarWhiskeyEchoNovember

• wanabe

• Scot

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't mind me asking are you looking to lose weight or are you looking to gain muscle?

Gain fitness and stamina while building up strength to ensure I have required fitness level to get into the police force

I'd say because you're young get involved in an active sport which you enjoy, this will get you running around whilst having fun!

You don't want to start doing weights etc because you are still growing.

I'd say because you're young get involved in an active sport which you enjoy, this will get you running around whilst having fun!

You don't want to start doing weights etc because you are still growing.

That's the thing I'm scared of sport like football in case anyone suggests it but I love cycling but I need like time limit/mileage

I've been bullied for 12 years on my ability to play also dyspraxia doesn't help, I always get pushed away, insulted or even in cases actually beaten up cause I missed a shot

Yeke, cycling is a great sport. What type of bike do you have? (Road/ Mountain/ Hybrid etc...)

I've been bullied for 12 years on my ability to play also dyspraxia doesn't help, I always get pushed away, insulted or even in cases actually beaten up cause I missed a shot

Sorry to hear that.

The fitness levels for the Police are not exceptionally high, a decent level of core strength and some anaerobic (sprinting for instance) ability would be enough. I don't know too much about dyspraxia but there might be forces still running assault courses which require a level of co-ordination which you might want to read up on.

Fitness plans are not actually hard to find, the ones you can do at home usually revolve around planks, different kinds of push ups and abdominal exercises.

I can't stand football and attempted to play it for 3 years. Find something else you enjoy - you sound like you are into cycling. Why not try and find cycling clubs or even start one at your school.

Then you need to find different people to play football with. You can't be scared of the game because a bunch of scrotes took it out on you if you missed a goal - I played for an hour last night after work and don't think I had a shot on target all game; I didn't get beaten up.

You may also find that if you have Dyspraxia you may be ineligible to join the Police - I'd make enquiries at Cadets and see if anyone can speak to Occupational Health for you.

Is it just a fitness plan you need or (don't take offence) a diet plan as well? Too many people don't realise the importance of a good diet to achieve fitness goals. You can exercise everyday but if your diet isn't up to scratch it becomes pointless.

Is it just a fitness plan you need or (don't take offence) a diet plan as well? Too many people don't realise the importance of a good diet to achieve fitness goals. You can exercise everyday but if your diet isn't up to scratch it becomes pointless.

Probably both

Yeke, cycling is a great sport. What type of bike do you have? (Road/ Mountain/ Hybrid etc...)

Mountain, but gears are knack erred as everything's Rusting nearly because we have no place to put the bike an mum won't have it in the house

Mountain, but gears are knack erred as everything's Rusting nearly because we have no place to put the bike an mum won't have it in the house

Ah annoying... in that case, try doing a bit of road cycling. Do a few miles and you own pace for a few days and make a note of the time. Then try to beat your time.

It is what I started off doing... Then once I had done the same route as fast as I could (without stopping in the end). I did the same on a different route.

Mixes things up :)

Well, about 3-4 months ago i did practically no exercise at all, I then one day thought I would go a run round my local park, after i set off running I got tired really quickly, if you want to try running/jogging I would recommend this;

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx

It's called Couch to 5K and it's set up by the NHS, it's really good as you just download it to ipod/phone etc. You start off by doing a warm up walk and then you run for a minute then return to walking etc.