Cheap young driver insurance?

thurdles

Hey guys! Got a car given to me today, which is such a gift! Just need to find some cheap insurance. This will be my first car and I have no no claims. You know of any good websites?

Also wish I was attested now, you get about 200 pound nocked off for being a special!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thurdles

• Klaus

• eebs1546082813

• pottheed

Cheap young driver insurance?

Hey guys! Got a car given to me today, which is such a gift! Just need to find some cheap insurance. This will be my first car and I have no no claims. You know of any good websites?

Is there such a thing as cheap young driver insurance?

Also wish I was attested now, you get about 200 pound nocked off for being a special!

Oooh! Where? This would be great for me, especially as my insurance, fully comp, is about £200 pa, I could get it for free.

• Like 2

Oooh! Where? This would be great for me, especially as my insurance, fully comp, is about £200 pa, I could get it for free.

I got quoted £1600 pa and it was £1400 when I put special down as my second occupation.

Says who? I wish I knew this years ago!!!!

Oh, and cheap insurance for anyone under 25? You wish! :p

Says who? I wish I knew this years ago!!!!

Oh, and cheap insurance for anyone under 25? You wish! :p

Multiple insurers offer it. Just gutted about the high cost... Just one of those things you have to do, I guess...

Multiple insurers offer it. Just gutted about the high cost... Just one of those things you have to do, I guess...

Have you done your PassPlus? That used to reduce the cost a bit.

The other alternative is doing the Institute of Advanced Motorists courses....

Unfortunately Pass Plus and IAM courses aren't reducing young drivers insurance by much. I found adding on Business cover helped to drop mine a bit, as the assumption is made that you will use the car sensibly.

My first year I went with Bell and had a box in the car, as a special that isn't much good. This year I've stayed with them and had the box deactivated.

Last year I was £1093.08. This was a 52 plate corsa 1.2. This was even with my dad on the policy, and his car. I was main driver.

This year I was £803.50 in a referral area on a 10 plate ibiza 1.4. My car, fully comp, all the bells and whistles. Just me on the policy too. Declaring as a special, the years no claims and having the business on certainly helped a bit!

My first year I went with Bell and had a box in the car, as a special that isn't much good. This year I've stayed with them and had the box deactivated.

Yeah, I thought a box wouldn't be good as I go through the process of being a special... I could ways ring them...

I found Admiral to be the cheapest when I passed at 17.

:o since when?

It makes no difference to my insurance, even response trained cops don't get a discount (I've asked).

Just renewed my insurance yesterday, after spending hours looking.... i ended up with 'autodirect' I am over 40 with a 3.0L sports car and got it for less than £300 but on some sites they wanted nearly £2k!!! due to me living in a well..... rough area! certainly worth shopping around. getting bit sick of sales phone calls today thou... that is the problem sometimes using price comparison sites, the world then emails and calls you.

Best of luck! :aok:

I found Admiral to be the cheapest when I passed at 17.

Yeah, they do look one of the best at the moment! Diamond is the best but their slogan is 'shaped for girls', so I don't think i'll go with them.

Yeah, they do look one of the best at the moment! Diamond is the best but their slogan is 'shaped for girls', so I don't think i'll go with them.

Diamond are a sister company of Admiral so give Admiral a call and quote the Diamond quote number and see if they'll match it :)

Hey,

I use Co - Op young drivers insurance,

They do put a black box in and monitor driving but as long as you don't drive like a complete idiot you don't know its there,

And the premium goes down every 3 months if you drive well,

When i was 17 i got insured on 1.2 Fiat, started off 120 a month then dropped to 96 per month after the first three! Then dropped by about 10 pound a month when i said i was a special.. Well worth looking at..

My 1.7 diesel Astra seems dirt cheap in comparison to some people.

I was 21 when I insured it, and 'only' paid £1330