Estate Cars with a Cage

Adamski1546081335

All,

I was discussing driving to the woods with my dog with someone recently, when they asked me if I had a cage separating the boot from the rear seats. I told them no and thought nothing of it. However, the hound has figured out that he actually can climb over the headrests and into the back of the car.

When it's moving.

I have been considering "upgrading" to an Estate anyway - does anyone know of any that come with some sort of cage or other separation between the boot and the rear compartment?

Ta,

Adam

You can get after market screens that you can add to the car: my sister got one for her dog for a Volvo estate that she had.

You can buy the cages seperately pretty cheaply. Some are fixed and bolted, others attach in more temporary ways.

our BMW estate had one built in but the dog chewed straight through it. Get a metal one.

I wouldn't get a BMW anyway... Overpriced!

Rosco, can you recommend a good manufacturer? Might see if I can get one for my current motor...

I wouldn't get a BMW anyway... Overpriced!

Rosco, can you recommend a good manufacturer? Might see if I can get one for my current motor...

I think she got it off that well-known purveyor of quality kit: eBay! :) That's the extend of my knowledge I fear, I'd agree with Scot's comment to get a metal one though.

Buy a transit van and get a cage put in the back. And you could use it on your duties as well ;) aha

I got a second hand dog guard off eBay for £7.50!

Depends what you want to spend really, it can get into hundreds if you want it too...

Some newer cars have a luggage mesh which pulls up and clips to the roof, which may or may not stop a dog (see Scots post above!)