Police Fiction Novels

SierraWhisky

Good evening,

New to the forum, serving paramedic in Kent.

Hoping that you may be able to help. Years ago I started reading a series of police fiction books, but never finished them. I've been trying to recall who the books were written by and what they were called so I can obtain them.

What I can remember is they seem to have been set pre judges rules, they were set in the UK, there was a young copper who was nick named as pizza. There was a fat copper who was known as a hypochondriac, and a WPC who was always working in the front office. If I can recall anything further that may be able to narrow the search down I'll post it up.

Hopefully the vague description may jog the details from someone!

Absolutely no idea, all I can say is that if the book had a WPC as a character then it is not a recent publication.

Topic moved to Help me - Everything else.

Good evening,

New to the forum, serving paramedic in Kent.

Hoping that you may be able to help. Years ago I started reading a series of police fiction books, but never finished them. I've been trying to recall who the books were written by and what they were called so I can obtain them.

What I can remember is they seem to have been set pre judges rules, they were set in the UK, there was a young copper who was nick named as pizza. There was a fat copper who was known as a hypochondriac, and a WPC who was always working in the front office. If I can recall anything further that may be able to narrow the search down I'll post it up.

Hopefully the vague description may jog the details from someone!

I think you're talking about...

Foxtrot Oscar.

Horses ar se.

Two Tribes, and

Bravo Jubilee.

Known as the "Hooligan Cop" series.

All by Charlie Owen. :aok:

Absolutely no idea, all I can say is that if the book had a WPC as a character then it is not a recent publication.

Topic moved to Help me - Everything else.

If I've got the right ones, the first book in the series was published around 2005 I think. It was just set in the mid 70's. Edited by Damsel
  • Like 2

Many thanks for the help! They are the books I was looking for.

An excellent series of books, and a bloomin' good laugh, even if I do say so myself... :)

• Like 1