• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I99

• Administrative Account

• pottheed

• Jake CE

How much have they paid you Pott?! Mine was £99 on a brand new bike :)

£60 is cheap.

I'm pretty sure the OP isn't advertising.

How much have they paid you Pott?! Mine was £99 on a brand new bike :)

Haha, I dont get a penny, just thought it was a very good deal! I paid £110 nearly 7 years ago.

I'm actually booking my CBT for this month so this deal has come in handy. :D Thanks!

I paid £125 in August 2013... Is this legit?

Edited by Jake CE

I would imagine that they are doing it cost price or a loss leader, in the hope that you will take some additional training with them where they will make their profit.

I would imagine that they are doing it cost price or a loss leader, in the hope that you will take some additional training with them where they will make their profit.

Oooo good point.

I paid £125 in August 2013... Is this legit?

That's about right. You've not been scammed.

The course advertised is normally £120, but they're offering a 50% time-limited discount. Courses for that around my way are around the £100 £99 mark to entice people.

As with all discount deals, check you are getting the same services and training time as you would if you paid full whack so do some comparisons with other training schools in the area.

A lot of my customers are training schools, and they have seen a drop in business since the changes to licence categories last year, and also biking is generally seasonal so is doesn't surprise me that there are deals to be had at this time of year.

A lot of my customers are training schools, and they have seen a drop in business since the changes to licence categories last year, and also biking is generally seasonal so is doesn't surprise me that there are deals to be had at this time of year.

What practical effect has the change of licence categories had? I knew something had changed but I don't know exactly what apart from the new licences looking different.

What practical effect has the change of licence categories had? I knew something had changed but I don't know exactly what apart from the new licences looking different.

Staged access is what's causing the problem as I understand it, if you want to progress from a moped to full class A bike you've now got to take a total of 9 motorcycle tests. 1 x AM (CBT), 2 x A1 2 x A2, 2 x A. (2 part practical tests after the moped)

Plus if you're new to biking you've got to be 24 and not 21 as it used to be to get a class A.