Sky, Virgin or YouView

I99

Well I'm looking for a recommendation for a TV system/package. I already have Freeview and wanted your opinions on what is best and why?

I'm looking to pay up to about £40 per month for the TV alone (I already have broadband and phone) and I'm in the service area for Sky, Virgin and YouView.

Thank you. :)

I have a youview box, I never use it! It is basically free view with a bit of catch up TV built in.

I would suggest you look at what channels you want then look at options from that.

I recently got rid of Sky where I had HD and all the documentary channels etc, as well as their on demand.

I don't miss it in the slightest - I get all the catch up services for the main channels through my PS3, along with Netflix which does the trick nicely. Saving a fortune too!

• Like 1

Yup and if you have a SmartTV, you can get a lot of the CatchUp services on those as well!

Pay for netflix and spotify and get chromecast or similar. If you're a student you can save some money too. If I was the only one in my household I could happily give up my TV licence, there's almost nowt I'm desperate to see live. (don't care for football...)

We gave up our TV licence about 4 years ago. Not a bit of broadcast TV is watched here now.

We also gave up (obviously) our $ky subscription (which was over £50/month), and to be honest, the only reason I have a landline now is because of the internet, I've never used it to make a single phone call :D

We now use all of the various TV Catch-up services and Netflix (via the Xbox 360), and we're saving over £500 a year!

We have Freesat. A nice selection of channels including about 8 in HD.

I don't really use catch up, but the other half does and she uses PS3 or laptop for that.