Berlin to Leipzig

Merlin820

Basically, has anyone done this journey on the train?

Looking at organising a trip to Leipzig (to take in Colditz amongst other things) and trying to work out how easy it is to get to if we fly into Berlin.

Yes I have done this trip and I visited Colditz. it's a relatively cheap train as far as I can remember, you need to get a bus from Leipzig to Colditz which is a very quiet place! Check in advance of when the guided tours are. As there the only way of seeing some parts of the castle.

awesome! Good luck with it, let us know how it goes? Berlin is a brilliant city with excellent transport links, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Love Berlin. The German trains are very good and run like clockwork in experience

As previously said, good connections. German public transport isn't quite as cheap as a lot of other EU countries but you get an excellent service (they own a big chunk of our network but I digress...)

To quote Mr Fawlty, don't mention a certain international dispute that lasted 6 years about 70 years ago, though ;)

It's rather further south but I HIGHLY (no pun intended) recommend Berchtesgarten (The "Eagle's Nest" gifted to Her Hitler by the NSDAP in 1938 and highest house in Germany), though it is more of a summer trip.