You Tube

Administrative Account

I can no longer leave comments on You Tube. Previously I could easily comment on a video, now it takes me to a sign-in page which asks me to choose names and goodness knows what. Anyone know what's going on and what I should do??

YouTube are trying to get everyone to switch from a YouTube "channel" account to a Google+ account where you use your real name. Sounds like you just need to click something along the lines of "continue to use YouTube as a channel" and then you should be able to make comments again.

Edit: This should help - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_rFHZkaC7E

Edited by branston

Huh? :huh:

But I don't want to use my real name. Why do I need to set up a Google Plus, whatever on earth that is anyway??

Why can't they just damn well leave things alone?

What does it mean, if I get 'Your channel will get a new page on Google+'?

post-20-0-78906700-1387038557_thumb.jpg

They love messing people around don't they?

Google+ is a "social network" from Google. A bit like bookface. They are moving people from the old channel system, to a Google+ page system - it's all a bit messy.

It seems like for this problem you should select yes to continue using your current YouTube name rather than entering your actual name and making a Google+ account. If that makes sense.

Essentially no-one like or used Google+ so they decided to force everyone to use it. Just keep refusing to use your real name etc.

I refuse to do so on principle.

Basically it's google being typical google, giving the middle finger to their UX dept and forcing their 'innovations' on people.