Dodgy Autotrader ad?

vpc-thc

Saw this and thought to myself "What a bargain".

But it still sounds dodgy.

What do you guys think?

<dead link removed by moderator>

Edited by Cheetah

I agree a bit sus for a car like that going for 2.5k. Could want a quick sale?

I called one of these once, basically these aren't always "real" adverts. If you email them you tend to get a load of crap back, spam etc or you're told "I've already agreed the sale but if you up the price by £xxxx you can have it".

Buyer definitely beware!

Definitely a scam. I recently sold my car on AutoTrader and couldn't believe the amount of scams I got! I think by the time i actually sold it I had reported 6 different users to both Autotrader and their email provider. They all use the same template email so it's very easy to work out who is scam, so I don't know why they bother.

Quite a common scam amongst these types of websites is for someone to register their interest on a vehicle, the seller will then reply usually via email saying that they are currently on an army base and not allowed to leave but if you send the money via PayPal they will then have the car delivered. Not too long ago my friend was looking for a BMW, emailed 5 different sellers about their cars and got the exact same email from each of them.

A lot of dodgy people on there.

Quite a common scam amongst these types of websites is for someone to register their interest on a vehicle, the seller will then reply usually via email saying that they are currently on an army base and not allowed to leave but if you send the money via PayPal they will then have the car delivered. Not too long ago my friend was looking for a BMW, emailed 5 different sellers about their cars and got the exact same email from each of them.

A lot of dodgy people on there.

Who buys a car without climbng around it like monkey inspecting it?

If it looks too good to be true, it probably is!

Who buys a car without climbng around it like monkey inspecting it?

You'd probably be surprised!

I did a Google search for the email address on the ad, flagged up straight away as a scam.

Have a read of this topic about it - http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=170059

That's just what Lee said :p

Not only that, if you look at the images - they are clearly copied and saved off - one of them even still has the old auto trader watermark from where he cropped it from!