Service Host Local System using too much CPU power

SCGramzon

Hi,

I've recently noticed that this process is using so much cpu power, I don't think this is normal. I've run kasperskys full scan but it hasn't found anything. I was wondering if someone can help me determine what the problem is? I've added an attachment screenshot of my task manager.

Edit: Restarting hasn't fixed it, virus scan hasn't fixed it, sfc /scannow hasn't found anything. I don't understand what this is. It doesn't seem normal. A friend with a similar setup has checked and this service doesn't use anywhere near the same amount of processing power as mine.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-32284-0-72473400-1385291935_thumb.p

Try disabling the upnp host service and see if that helps. Very difficult to diagnose what this could be - literally could be hundreds of things.

• Like 1

it seems to be already disabled, When i go to services, it says "start" the stop option is grayed out.

So if you look at the child processes, you'll see that it's your ASUS AI Suite and GPU overclocking/management software that is taking up the CPU cycles. Have you tried disabling/uninstalling it?

• Like 1

That's exactly what I thought as well lol, I disabled my Ethernet adapters but it's still the same.

edit: maybe i should reinstall LAN Drivers?

and voila, issue fixed!!! Do you think I can reinstall my AI Suite without any problems? :D thank you for helping me diagnose this, wouldn't have been able to do it without you

Edited by SCGramzon