Removing friend checker

Shikari

Hey everyone,

I'm not entirely sure how but I downloaded an add-on or software that contained Friend checker, or something which uses open app media. It's essentially trying to advertise stuff to me, but I have an ad blocker so I get blank spaces.

I've tried deleting everything I can think of that I installed over the past few days but still can't get rid of it. I've also started getting pop-up screen, and that thing where key words are highlighted and running your mouse over it opens up offers. It's all rather frustrating.

I use Firefox and have never had this issue before.

Any help please, Google hasn't been useful.

If its an add on for Firefox, you should be able to disable and delete it from the add on menu :new_hmmm: If the worst happens and can't seem to get rid of it, maybe you could system restore to a few days ago?

I use Firefox and have never had this issue before.

The problem is Firefox and its poor implementation of add-ons.

Export your bookmarks and then fully uninstall Firefox from your system, restart and then reinstall Firefox. You can then import your bookmarks back into the browser.

Ideally you would't have to do this but because Firefox allows add-ons privileged access it's one of the few ways to remove it from the browser. If this doesn't work then Friend Checker has hooked itself into your system.

I've gone through the add-ons menue, pograms x26, control panel, everything I could think of. I'm fairly sure I deleted/removed it but it's still on somewhere. I didn't install friend checker, I just read that it either firend checker uses the same program, or I've somehow unintentionally installed it.

It's just frustrating because I'm usually pretty good at this, I've managed to make it so I don't get any pop-ups or ads on youtube. Annoying...