Garden Office questions

GodAtum

Hi all,

I'm currently planning a cockpit simulator build. This consists of a replica A320 cockpit and a 225 degree wrap-around screen with a 2.35m radius. This will use 3 projectors to display the simulator visuals.

I hope to get a garden office built as I have no room in the house! My concern is having a lot of very expensive electronics in it. Are they well insulated and secure? This one looks promising: Garden Room - 6m x 5m Inspiration Green Retreats

has anyone had trouble mounting projector to the ceiling?

Or maybe i will have to rent a workshop on an industrial estate?

Hi all,

I'm currently planning a cockpit simulator build. This consists of a replica A320 cockpit and a 225 degree wrap-around screen with a 2.35m radius. This will use 3 projectors to display the simulator visuals.

I hope to get a garden office built as I have no room in the house! My concern is having a lot of very expensive electronics in it. Are they well insulated and secure? This one looks promising: Garden Room - 6m x 5m Inspiration Green Retreats

has anyone had trouble mounting projector to the ceiling?

Or maybe i will have to rent a workshop on an industrial estate?

Theres a few companies that can build some really good Garden buildings to requirement. A friend had a pool house built at the bottom of their garden. 2 rooms, fully insulated and highly secure. Looks like a little log cabin too.

Its fairly straight forward. It can all be insulated as long as it is all planned. Electrics need to be armoured wire going to a fuse box, alarm can be installed.

Have done this for a home office, need to make sure its a good quality unit with good windows and door.

And obviously I want an invite to the grand opening ! :aok:

I used to have a little summer house at my old property; 6mm pressure treated timber and I was naughty and just ran an "arctic" extension lead from my garage to run power to it.

Only in winter did it really get cold, so we had a small oil filled radiator in there, which warmed it quite nicely.

I did intend to insulate it, which I could have probably done with some insulation panels and some plywood, but I moved before I got chance.

If I was doing it again I would make sure I have proper electrics running to it and the insulation fitted first, especially for the set up you are describing.

Check with your house insurer though as some do cover contents in garden buildings but some do not.