Computer for Photo Editing

prolixia

I'm looking to buy a PC specifically for photo editing using Adobe Lightroom 5.

I'd like to be able to process 24 mp RAW files reasonably swiftly. I'm not a pro photographer building a dedicated powerful workstation, I'm just looking for something that will work reasonably well. I don't play games, so that's not a factor. The only intensive task I'll be using it for is photo editing.

My intention is to use two monitors and I would prefer a case with a relative small form factor. I don't mind building my own system, but am enormously out of date and don't know which components I should be considering. I'd prefer to keep the cost as low as possible, but am prepared to pay for what I need.

If anyone has any recommendations then I'd be very grateful!

Having used adobe for a while and had sereral images open at a time, it seems the more ram memory rather than Hard drive storage memory the better, and of course the faster the processor the quicker it will work - so opting for a quad core will make the difference. A good NVidis graphics card also helps. After that its down to money and what extras you end up having beyond what you need.

Having used adobe for a while and had sereral images open at a time, it seems the more ram memory rather than Hard drive storage memory the better, and of course the faster the processor the quicker it will work - so opting for a quad core will make the difference. A good NVidis graphics card also helps. After that its down to money and what extras you end up having beyond what you need.

This and an SSD will really help.

I would sign up here: forums.overclockers.co.uk and stick a thread like this in the general hardware thread. People will tell you what you need and there's plenty of pro photographers who can also pitch in.