Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited
Sign in to follow this  
Joker1546081795

Microsoft office for Mac

Joker1546081795

Folks,

Has anyone using a mac brought the microsoft office package? If so, has there been any recent updates, as I am seeing some changes to my software ( for the better of course).

Administrative Account

I have it, i think it is currently 14.3.8

Joker1546081795

Yeah I am pretty sure that is an update then for me. Pretty neat changes, few bug fixes and faster response times on some client downloads, I.e clip art. :D

Administrative Account

I will be honest i only really use Outlook on it, apart from the odd bit of Excel doing my monthly budget, but certainly a few updates ago it got a lot more reliable, and Outlook didn't always have to re-build its database.

Joker1546081795

I like excel, still trying to figure out a few buttons on it but I know the most important functions. Word is a bit simple to be honest, but PowerPoint is excellent, especially when I take work home and have to transfer it from Microsoft to Mac.

NavyIce

I use mainly Excel and Powerpoint and I'm on 14.3.8. I have noticed speed improvements all over.

If you have recently updated MacOSX (latest version of Mountain Lion, not Mavericks) you may have problems in applying the latest upgrade to MS Office (it will complain about your MacOSX version not being at least 10.5.8), only solution to this is re-installing from recovering partition, don;t worry no settings will be overwritten/lost, but it will be a solid 4 hours session of Mac unavailability :new_yummy:

Member Achievements

Administrative Account

I have it. It updates itself automatically or you can prompt it to with one of the menus somewhere. I am running 2011.

I do wish Access was available though.

Joker1546081795

I still need to discover access properly, not really used it much.

splang

I am thinking of getting a mac... Rainy out!! :-)

Member Achievements

Joker1546081795

I am thinking of getting a mac... Rainy out!! :-)

If you are considering of taking this type of mac out in the rain, try not to get electrocuted in the process!

Sailor

I am a Mac convert but still run a virtual PC on it to be able to run a proper version of Office on the PC. Cannot stand Mac Office.

Member Achievements

Joker1546081795

I am a Mac convert but still run a virtual PC on it to be able to run a proper version of Office on the PC. Cannot stand Mac Office.

Mac office is great I think, running virtual pc on Mac is awesome because it gives you the best of both worlds, but for me Mac office offers just as much as PC office.

DELETEME

I got office for mac a couple of years ago when I was at college, and I hated it. With a massive work load the last thing that I wanted to be doing was learning where all the buttons had moved! I ended up just staying late at college and using my work PC and mum's laptop to get the work done. Admitedly I probably would have got on fine with it if I wasn't under pressure to get my work done quickly!

Member Achievements

Joker1546081795

I got office for mac a couple of years ago when I was at college, and I hated it. With a massive work load the last thing that I wanted to be doing was learning where all the buttons had moved! I ended up just staying late at college and using my work PC and mum's laptop to get the work done. Admitedly I probably would have got on fine with it if I wasn't under pressure to get my work done quickly!

Well to be fair people do adapt quicker than others when it comes to keyboard and general IT skills. I have been a Mac user for 8 years so I am pretty good with Mac now. If you familiarise yourself with it, you may find it has everything to offer! An American keyboard is tricky though! :new_yes:

Administrative Account

Well to be fair people do adapt quicker than others when it comes to keyboard and general IT skills. I have been a Mac user for 8 years so I am pretty good with Mac now. If you familiarise yourself with it, you may find it has everything to offer! An American keyboard is tricky though! :new_yes:

Do Mac's not come with English keyboards?

I have been considering getting one for a while but I won't if the keyboards are American.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK. In 2019 the decision was taken to merge all four forums into this main form of www.police.community

Get in touch

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators