Curved Text Software?

E29NP1546080952

I want to arch some wording onto graphic artwork. What's the best free open source software to do this. Nothing to complicated!

Thanks

Gimp is open source but I have never been a big fan. Alternatively you can get photoshop on a free 30 day trial if its just a one off you are looking for?

If it's just text on a line for hires artwork I would probably use a trial of Illustrator instead of Photoshop, it'll mean an EPS image instead of a bitmap.

Not strictly true Gordon. A Photoshop document can also be EPS - I think what you mean is a vectored image as against a bitmap image. But you're right, it needs to be done in a vector programme like Illustrator.

I'm also a GIMP user and haven't found anything better for the price (free). It can most anything you want and the help tutorials are bountiful.

If you want to PM with the wording and what you want doing to it, I'll happily throw it into illustrator and sort it for you :)

David, on 21 Oct 2013 - 6:05 PM, said:

Not strictly true Gordon. A Photoshop document can also be EPS - I think what you mean is a vectored image as against a bitmap image. But you're right, it needs to be done in a vector programme like Illustrator.

Ah yes the great 'Photoshop can do EPS so whats the problem' argument I used to get all the time from people supplying me graphics. The number of times I was sent a lowres JPG that had been saved as an EPS in Photoshop, it used to drive me up the wall.

If possible always work on vectors until you need to use bitmaps, it's so much nicer not having to worry that the client has now decided that they want a poster sized version of their logo that until now have been 50mm across.

I've done a few patch designs for various people so if you want let me know and I'll do something for you

The number of times I was sent a lowres JPG that had been saved as an EPS in Photoshop, it used to drive me up the wall.

'but it looks sharp on scree-a-eeen'.

Sigh.