Ear infection - Your experience?

Foxtrot-Alpha

Hello,

I wouldn't consider that I've ever had a problem with my ears, other than a bit of tinnitus over the years from working in loud environments, however I've recently had an ear infection which I am hoping is now coming to the end as the severe pain I was experiencing seems to have stopped almost completely.

I have visited my GP, finished a course of antibiotics etc, however I am suffering some hearing loss in my ear and it seems to be getting worse before it gets better!

It's probably been around 2 weeks total, and the ear infection seems to have come out of no where.. however anyone who has experienced an ear infection, how long did you take to recover, and did you experience some hearing loss/reduced hearing thereafter, and for how long?

My GP hasn't said how long it could take, other than 'let it run its course' - however I am getting pretty fed up and haven't been out on a shift for a while as wouldn't want to be a hindrance with the hearing issue!

So just after some personal experiences is all - the pain was horrendous and quite debilitating which was a surprise!

- Fox

Edited by Foxtrot-Alpha

I had one when I got back from Cyprus three years ago it lasted nearly two weeks and is very painfull so pretty much what you have said in your post was how I went through it. the hearing comes back it was not prmanent in my case but untreadet it can be pretty bad.

Hurt like hell, pain from ear running down side of my jaw and constant headaches.

Went GP, took my perscription, manned up and got on with it. Thankfully I haven't had one for years but my god I don't miss them.

Think the worse part is no sleep due to the constant throbbing.

Hurt like hell, pain from ear running down side of my jaw and constant headaches.

Went GP, took my perscription, manned up and got on with it. Thankfully I haven't had one for years but my god I don't miss them.

Think the worse part is no sleep due to the constant throbbing.

Aye spot on.

The pain was in my neck and jaw, so made eating and talking really painful. I genuinely hope I don't have to experience something like that again! I've broken bones, tore ligaments, and injured myself a number of times, but this was on a different level. I think I had about 10 hours sleep combined the week before last!

Did you suffer any hearing loss after though?

Cheers

Only time I have dealt with something like this was a trip to the GP, who then gave me some ear drops. Very effective may I add.

Aye spot on.

The pain was in my neck and jaw, so made eating and talking really painful. I genuinely hope I don't have to experience something like that again! I've broken bones, tore ligaments, and injured myself a number of times, but this was on a different level. I think I had about 10 hours sleep combined the week before last!

Did you suffer any hearing loss after though?

Cheers

Yea but only due to the wax and infection build up.

Not a lot we can do about it other then let it pass which is the hard part... :(