Due an upgrade - iPhone 5s or iPhone 5

Foxtrot-Alpha

Hello,

Due an upgrade to my outdated little beast, but can't decide on an iPhone 5s or iPhone 5!

Not too bothered about the fingerprint malarkey, but the 5s is slightly more cosmetically appealing to me, however the deals would be

Unlimited texts, minutes and 1.5GB of data (which I would use without much hardship).

The iPhone 5 - £35 a month on 4G, nothing upfront.

OR

The iPhone 5s - £37 a month on 4G, with £119.99 upfront.

Now in my defence I have tried android, but not a fan, I do like Apple and the iPhone series, therefore any opinions on the above? I'm finding myself very indecisive today and need some help choosing haha!

The prices above I am happy with either way and actually cheaper than what I am paying now...

Regards

Edited by Foxtrot-Alpha

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Foxtrot-Alpha

• Bravo Sierra

• Administrative Account

• Hero_6131546082365

Now in my defence I have tried android, but not a fan, I do like Apple and the iPhone genre, therefore any opinions on the above?

I only use Apple for the iPad. However the 5s dose look nice.

As for the 5c, what a gimmick!!!

I only use Apple for the iPad. However the 5s dose look nice.

As for the 5c, what a gimmick!!!

Yes, not interested in the 5c at all, looks cheap and nasty in my opinion!

I can get £160 for my old 4s, so that covers the cost of anything upfront...

1.5 GB?! That's appalling! It's high time the networks used some common sense and either give decent quantities of data allowance or better still unlimited. I have an unlimited data plan on Three and pay just over £30 a month - it's high time the other networks followed suit.

Join Three network. £99 up front cost, unlimited internet and all the rest.

I really like the 5c. I think it's the same phone as the 5, but with a plastic shell, which I think looks neato. I'd have a 5c over my 5 anyday as it looks much nicer, and it's cheaper too ;)

The slow motion camera on the 5s is amazeballs though. That's gotta be worth the extra on it's own :D

Cheers for the replies guys!

I must say I am swaying toward the 5s more and more.

@Giraffe - you're quite right, it is a shame, but I am connected to WiFi nearly all the time.

Three coverage is really poor around here, otherwise that would be a good consideration :)

Cheers for the replies guys!

I must say I am swaying toward the 5s more and more.

@Giraffe - you're quite right, it is a shame, but I am connected to WiFi nearly all the time.

Three coverage is really poor around here, otherwise that would be a good consideration :)

When was the last time you checked 3 coverage, they've really added to it in the last few years. I would add to the above and strongly recommend 3 as there are both cheaper and a better network. But of course if the coverage is poor then it's a moot point :)

The coverage is poor at best, a close friend is on 3 and drops in and out of signal constantly which is a shame..

The coverage is poor at best, a close friend is on 3 and drops in and out of signal constantly which is a shame..

That's a shame!

5s - why go for a 2 year contract on a phone (assuming you got your 4s when it first came out) on a phone that is already been replaced and is a year old.

64 bit tech, combined with 4G has got to be the future proof option, but I'd look at the bundled data options again. Yes, you use wifi mostly, but I think once significant 4G networks are around I think most people's mobile data usage is going to rocket.

5s - why go for a 2 year contract on a phone (assuming you got your 4s when it first came out) on a phone that is already been replaced and is a year old.

64 bit tech, combined with 4G has got to be the future proof option, but I'd look at the bundled data options again. Yes, you use wifi mostly, but I think once significant 4G networks are around I think most people's mobile data usage is going to rocket.

Yes future proofing is very important to me, so that's a good shout there!

The 4G coverage is not too bad where I am, but generally speaking I am never without WiFi anyway, so the times I am, the date/4G speeds will be an added bonus.

I have got a 64GB 5S (in tasteful Space Grey) having upgraded from a 5, i have not really seen masses of improvement from the 64bit CPU as yet, BUT once the apps make full use of it, i am sure it will be fantastic!

The battery seems better than my 5 on iOS7

If you head into a 3 shop or go online, there's an area coverage map to check what the signal is like in your area for their services. Do check it out, because down my street there's no 3 signal whatsoever, but literally 5 houses up there is one. They seem to have quite a few little blotches of no service on streets.