ebay/paypal problems please help :-(

dannib89

Hi there I had good feedback on eBay and have been selling for a while now so my friend asked me to advertise some iPhone 5s phones for him. They all sold so i transfered the cash into my bank and ended up spending the cash putting his 30% aside now he's told me he doesn't have the phones !! IV spent the cash!! Where do i stand will i get arrested for fraud im scared and don't want any trouble with the police :( the amount was around £1200 , what should i do shall i go to my local police station and explain? Any help would be much apprechiated

Speak to a solicitor if you want legal advice. We are police officers and cannot offer you legal advice.

• Like 1

Seek independent legal advice from a solicitor.

Someone will be along with our standard disclaimer in a moment.

Hi there I had good feedback on eBay and have been selling for a while now so my friend asked me to advertise some iPhone 5s phones for him. They all sold so i transfered the cash into my bank and ended up spending the cash putting his 30% aside now he's told me he doesn't have the phones !! IV spent the cash!! Where do i stand will i get arrested for fraud im scared and don't want any trouble with the police :( the amount was around £1200 , what should i do shall i go to my local police station and explain? Any help would be much apprechiated

Rule No.1

Never sell anything for anyone else on eBay. The same as you would never take somebody else's luggage onto an aircraft!

• Like 1

You could try to pay the people back you took the money from for a start. Or at least try to explain to them. Or even better - get the phones of your 'mate'.

Speak to a solicitor though as soon as possible.

Our standard disclaimer: This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. PoliceSpecials.com disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - the documents available in the 'Reference Library' and 'Downloads' areas.

Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the host, moderators or other users of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.

Basically you're royally screwed. Its quite possible that a death ray will appear from above and zap you, or the ground may swallow you up. Actually I really don't know where you stand on things like that. Consult a lawyer.

Appropriate advice has now been given I believe.

Thanks everybody