icloud storage

Merlin820

Hoping someone can help. Merlin Jnr has an ipad. I paid for an extra 15GB of memory on icloud, however it's still telling me there is not enough memory to download any more movies or apps, but I know that I have 14.85GB of icloud memory left.

What am I doing wrong? It takes me into settings to manage storage and I tried to backup the existing apps to icloud but still can't download anything else.

Thanks in advance.

iCloud will only store data, not apps. Even then, the data has to be local anyway. So...

You install a game app, it is 500mb. It will then make data, such as saves for the game. Only that data of saves etc will be stored on iCloud, not the 500mb the app takes up.

It seems like you have filled up your iPad with apps/movies, and the only way to add new stuff will be to delete apps/movies already on the device.

Edit: Your iPad will now be able to access your films which you have bought on iTunes, meaning you don't need to store them on the device. You will need a Wifi/3G connection however to play them.

Edited by TheJazzPolice

The issue you are having is not to do with iCloud storage but with the physical memory on the device.

What you would need to do is clear some of the content already on the iPad in order to allow more stuff to be downloaded.

If you have downloaded content from the iTunes Movie, Music or App store then it is simply a case of swiping to the left (music and movies) or holding the App icon to delete. This content can be re-downloaded at any point by going into the respective store and locating the "Purchased" menu.

The extra storage you have paid for is for device backups (large amounts of photos or videos taken on the device) and the storage of documents etc from the iWork suite. Unfortunately it would seem that it was the wrong purchase in this case, perhaps talk to iTunes support via express lane.apple.com to see if they would be kind enough to refund the purchase.

As above iCloud isn't like adding an SD card :) you only ever have the amount of storage that you iDevice had when you bought it

Ah okay, thanks. So I wasted £14 then.

I'll do that then, remove the films from the device and access them as when he wants them. Might be better just to rent a movie in future rather than buy.

Thanks again.

Ah okay, thanks. So I wasted £14 then.

I'll do that then, remove the films from the device and access them as when he wants them. Might be better just to rent a movie in future rather than buy.

Thanks again.

Like I said, contact iTunes support via expresslane.apple.com and see if they would be kind enough to refund your purchase. They sometimes can be.

• Like 1