Breakdown Cover?

Jellybean

I'm looking for some breakdown cover for my car as I'm doing long journeys now and I don't have any!

Can anyone recommend any providers that they've had good or bad experiences with?

Thanks!

I'm with RAC, only needed to call them out twice, both times they couldn't do anything as it needed a garage to repair it but they were able to tell me exactly what was causing the problem.

I'm still with them despite my insurance giving me Green Flag cover.

To be honest i have never had any issues with the AA or RAC.

Just make sure what ever you get, that you have relay or whatever they want to call it, to a destination of your choice, some of the really cheap ones, only cover recovery to a local garage...

Also have a look on Quidco to see if you can get some cash back to reduce the cost! :D

I get mine through my halifax bank account. £10 a month for Full AA cover, mobile phone insurance and family travel insurance for both me and my wife. Cant beat that really!!

If you are not with them they will give you £100 to switch!

I'm with AA, they have bailed me out twice, once was with regards to a broken part which they were able to source and fix for free there and then, the second time was just a jump start. First time they were here within 2 minutes and the second time was about 40 minutes although that was at 0300

I'm with Britannia break down. They cost £88 per year for mine and my wife's car and they cover any other car we are in as either passenger or driver. Plus they'll take us to any destination. I've called them out 4 times in the last 8 years only once was for my car, the other three were my mates cars. Each time they've arrived within an hour and have either fitted a new fan belt FOC or recovered us. Can't rate them highly enough.