Protein Shakers

SW_matt

I unfortunately neglected to clean out one of my shakers after use which was then unfortunately left for 3 weeks whilst I was away. When I the opened on my return it smelt as though the wrath of hells foulest minion had been unleashed, I swear to god it was like a faceful of CS.

Anyway, Long story short, anyone know how to get rid of the smell? I want to avoid binning the thing. I've tried filling it with boiling water to minimal effect.

Cheers,

Matt

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SW_matt

• operationfirestorm

• Pablo Montoya

• olb30

try something acidic, like lemons, lemons get rid of smells very well. Sounds right smelly!

• Like 1

Good shout i'll give that one a go. Yeah they do, like you wouldnt believe!

Good shout i'll give that one a go. Yeah they do, like you wouldnt believe!

When i was a chef i used to put them in fridges too to get rid of smells, cut one in half and leave it in the fridge. Also leave a cut lemon in the sink on the plughole, it stops smells coming back up too.

Trust me mate, once that God awful smell has festered in a protein shaker NOTHING will get rid of it properly!! Time to buy yourself a new one! :)

P.S had that smell many times, would say it's worse than CS haha!!

• Like 1

Indeed the smell is not one to go away, if youre after a new one, my protein sell theirs for like 2 quid.

It's a mixmaster (made by the people who make the shakers for most major brands such as maximuscle, etc) and is the exact same one, the only difference is my protein don't rip you off and want £5 for it like maximuscle.

http://www.myprotein.com/protein-accessories/myprotein-mixmaster-shaker/10485092.html?menu=a

Edited by Marty McFly

I picked up a spare as i happened to be walking past in tesco's. My local had the maximuscle ones for £2.33 yesterday, maybe give your nearest tesco extra/direct a go.

Or try HERE

Agreed with the above, once they go discoloured/warped/smelly it's time to get a new one!

Buy a new one from Tesco or something. Or if it's a pride thing (I'll clean it whatever it takes lol) then use vinegar. Steep it for ages and boil the insides until it melts.

Oh wait, no that won't work.

Just buy a new one dude....

Honestly...

buy a new one.

They are about £4.00, if mine ever get that bad I just bin them and get a fresh one.

It takes a good few washes to clean a minging shaker and even then you might still get the smell lingering.

:)

Edited by olb30

Yeah its partly the fact i don't want to be beaten/ partly need one for this week. Looks like i'll have to incinerate it and use a water bottle for the rest of the week

cheers guys

I have just found mine that has been in the sink for a few days.....erm.....BIN!!!

Stop being tight and just buy a new one, there is no way to get rid of the smell once it's there and god have I tried.

nothing to do with being tight more to do with the fact that I don't fancy venturing into town