Fat Loss Supplements

FutureBright

Bit of advice/feedback really...

I have been going to the gym and exercising regularly for 10 months now. After 2 months I really stepped up and sorted my diet out too, and I ended up losing 12 KGS. However, the past two months, my weight has stayed the same, I don't seem to be losing any fat no matter how hard I push.

My workouts are around 4-5K running, 1.5k rowing and 4k (sprints) on the bikes, added on to high intensity interval training and some general weights on biceps, triceps, chest and legs. Also a swim usually.

I tend to go 4 days a week.

So a good mix, and not just piling on weight in the form of muscle.

I have done a bit of research and spoken to a few friends, they mainly recommend Grenade fat burning pills. I feel I have to point out that these are completely natural, herbal, LEGAL and are sold in many places, including Tesco, GNC and Holland and Barrett.

Any knowledge on the pills or advice

for info I am down to 96kgs, 23% body fat, BMI around 30.

Bit of advice/feedback really...

I have been going to the gym and exercising regularly for 10 months now. After 2 months I really stepped up and sorted my diet out too, and I ended up losing 12 KGS. However, the past two months, my weight has stayed the same, I don't seem to be losing any fat no matter how hard I push.

My workouts are  around 4-5K running, 1.5k rowing and 4k (sprints) on the bikes, added on to high intensity interval training and some general weights on biceps, triceps, chest and legs. Also a swim usually.

I tend to go 4 days a week.

So a good mix, and not just piling on weight in the form of muscle.

I have done a bit of research and spoken to a few friends, they mainly recommend Grenade fat burning pills. I feel I have to point out that these are completely natural, herbal, LEGAL and are sold in many places, including Tesco, GNC and Holland and Barrett.

Any knowledge on the pills or advice

for info I am down to 96kgs, 23% body fat, BMI around 30.

What's your diet like?

Off work

Breakfast - two poached eggs with salad or on seeded toast

Lunch - tuna/chicken with salad or veg

Dinner - sweet potato/cottage cheese/salad/chicken but always lots of veg

On work (12 hrs in custody)

Breakfast - peanut butter (low fat) on toast

Dinner - meat/rice and veg/salad

Tea - sometimes cereal, sometimes toast, then bed!

Always 3-4 pints of water. NO sugary/carbonated drinks

Not amazing but not too unhealthy. I have also kicked 90% of sugar out of my diet, sometimes lapse for fruit or cereal etc

I wouldnt reccommend Grenade. Its more aimed at people really serious about packing on muscle and getting ripped. Its pretty powerful stuff from what ive heard.The people I know who have used it said they could feel their lips tingling. I considered using it but decided against it. There are other fat burning supplements which would suit you better. Your best bet is to go into somewhere like Holland and Barratt and ask what's available.

Ive heard great things about Maximuscle Thermobol though if that helps.

http://www.maxishop.com/maximuscle/lean-definition/thermobol#reviews

Edited by LarryElite

Diet seems impressive for a shift worker!

A small tweak could be to carve your portion sizes down a little bit and incorporate a 4-5 meal plan. It doesn't have to be a full meal between brekkie and lunch a handful of nuts will keep you going... but by spreading your food out more throughout the day your body is more effective at taking the good stuff and expelling the bad.

Ignore your bmi it's a stupid measurement and bearing in mind how active you are a bmi of 30 is irrelevant.

Have you stagnated in your workout, are you doing the same routine the whole time? Are you doing compound lifts or isolation moves when you weight train?

It should only takes few tweaks to your current routine and your cutting will begin again. The side effects of so called fat burners aren't worth the benefit. You need 600 mg of caffeine a day for it to be an effective fat burner and workout tool (and that's if you haven't built up a tolerance). At that dosage you will be jittery, weeing all day, sweating, tingly and restless.

• Like 1

If you're lifting weight you will need to eat more. It sounds counter intuitive but I believe your body is holding on to all the calories it can.

My two pence?

Have 2-3 days off, stuff your face full of calories and completely shake up your training plan. Have you tried some HIIT or 5x5 training?

• Like 1

If you're lifting weight you will need to eat more. It sounds counter intuitive but I believe your body is holding on to all the calories it can.

My two pence? 

Have 2-3 days off, stuff your face full of calories and completely shake up your training plan. Have you tried some HIIT or 5x5  training?

He said he's doing some 'general weights' making me assume he's not really on a lifting programme. If you're not lifting properly there is little point on moving to a bulking diet, even a clean one.

If you can get your carb intake to below 100g preferably 60g a day you will lose weight.

For the amount of training you do you will feel tired most of the time though!

I'd also up your protein intake.

Fat burning pills are hit and miss, mostly ineffective and sometimes dangerous.

After the initial big weight loss the rest tends to come off slowly.

But essentially it is a simple calories in VS calories out equation.

Guys this it great... Thanks.

I don't have very large meals, and I tend to put more salad or on than anything substantial in order to make me feel fuller. Hand full of nuts or seeds now and again for good fats. Or some fruit.

Workout wise, I have been doing 20 10 tabata intervals training, high intensity followed by rest. I add something new in quite regularly to keep it fun/hard. I incorporate weights for general toning, I like to work as many muscles as possible but not heavy weights. For example kettle swings, squats with 5kg shoulder press on the lift.

When I say I use weights, I only really do nicer curls, tricep workouts and a bit of chest/abs/legs. I don't have set workouts or muscle days or anything like that.

Thanks again

Your diet and excercise are fine, and much better than 99.9% of other people in this country!

Don't be tempted by supplements, they are a waste of money.

• Like 1

I would try;

• Increasing / improving your resistance training program over a 6-8 week period. You want to be doing resistance training 3 -4 times a week and working the major muscles groups with compound lifts, on different days.
  • Changing your diet to a 4 - 5 meals a day plan. Put in a 'cheat day' every seventh day as your body will recognise a low fat diet and attempt to store more fat from less fatty foods (survival mechanism). A cheat day every seven days keeps your body guessing and is good for the soul!
  • Keep up with the cardio, but mix it up with hill running / interval training / circuit training.
  • Make sure you get a solid 8 hours sleep a night.
  • Switching up your training routine every 8 weeks is important and stops the plateau effect you are suffering from.
  • After 8 weeks assess the results and make adjustments where needed.

To answer your question, avoid the slimming pills, the side effects are not worth the gains. You can get better results with the above. My old house mate used the exact pills you have mentioend and in his words "all they did was made me angry and horny for a few weeks". If you are a member at a gym it is always worth having a chat with the staff as they should know there stuff!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Whats your height and weight?

Also, what is your daily macronutrient consumption (if not consistent, what is it weekly?)

Edit: Also, fatloss supplements only really work for people who are extremely fit. All they do really are pump up your heartrate, helping you burn a few more calories.

Edited by Ryan111