Removing glue from a bankcard

Milankovitch

I got a new debit card through the post this morning and it came stuck to a letter explaining all the usual things. I peeled the card off the envelope to find that the glue was not the usual type that is easy to remove but is stubbornly stuck to the card. Does anybody have any idea how to remove it?

Bit of warm, salty water on a cloth. Just dampen it and give it a rub. Try a cloth or sponge that is a bit more 'scouerish' without being too scratchy and should rub it right off

Or pop it in the freezer for an hour.

You should be able to just keep rolling over the blob of glue with your finger so it's a bit odd you can't do that here.

I'd try it again.

Sandpaper or a wire brush should sort it... :aok:

Alternatively, keep rubbing it as David suggests - if you can get an edge lifted it should come off easily.

It isn't the usual strip of glue that you get on the back that just rolls off, rubbing it just smears the glue all over the back of the card. Some warm water helped lift a little bit of it but still a bit there.

It isn't the usual strip of glue that you get on the back that just rolls off, rubbing it just smears the glue all over the back of the card. Some warm water helped lift a little bit of it but still a bit there.

Might be worth trying some label off on it then.