Tips for stopping hayfever on duty

jona_1913

Hi all :)

Just wondering if anyone has any tips for coping with hayfever whilst on duty? I get it quite bad and it wouldnt be a good look when i finally attest and get out on duty! Haha

Thanks

Jona

• Like 1

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joker1546081795

• jona_1913

• E29NP1546080952

• Administrative Account

Nasal spray! They're small enough to keep with you and you should easily be able to discretely spray it every couple of hours, I've found that it dries your nose up, clears your eyes and gets rid of the irritation

Thanks for that! Will have to give it a try! Tablets just aren't touching it this year! :(

Make sure you take the tablets and eye drops every morning/on a regular basis too

Right I'm going to tell you about a tablet that was proscribed to me, and I've never looked back.

All those nasal sprays are pointless and costly. If you suffer badly from hayfever, go to your Doctor and ask about :

Fexofenadine Hydrochloride 180mg

I've now recommended this to at least 4 fellow hayfever sufferers and after a visit to the Doctor, they have knocked this horrible problem on the head .

Trust me, If you are proscribed these, you will come back on here and tell me I was right!

Edited by pmtts

I know a good syrup medicine called Piriton. Check it out, read the label though as it may cause some side affects.

• Like 1

I know a good syrup medicine called Piriton. Check it out, read the label though as it may cause some side affects.

Fexofenadine Hydrochloride causes no side effects whatsoever :-)

Tablets, the ones I got from my GP were better than the ones from tesco or Wilko etc. but I tend to use them when I have run out of prescribed ones.

Failing that I just suffer in silence loudly. I tend to lock myself in a panda with aircon on, that seems to work.

Just make sure you have lots of tissues and wash your hands regularly, so you don't get pollen on your hand and then subconsciously itch your eye

• Like 1

Right I'm going to tell you about a tablet that was proscribed to me, and I've never looked back.

All those nasal sprays are pointless and costly. If you suffer badly from hayfever, go to your Doctor and ask about :

I've now recommended this to at least 4 fellow hayfever sufferers and after a visit to the Doctor, they have knocked this horrible problem on the head .

Trust me, If you are proscribed these, you will come back on here and tell me I was right!

I don't suffer from hayfever myself but have been around a couple of my friends when they've been talking about it. They both had really bad hay fever and struggled for years but they're now on those prescribed tablets too and hardly suffer at all, they swear by them!

• Like 1

Fexofenadine Hydrochloride causes no side effects whatsoever :-)

Ahh do you have the bottle? Not used it for a while, fingers crossed hayfever won't bother me this year.

hmm sounds like i may make a phone call to the doctors on monday morning!! Thanks mate.. just dont fancy walking round for hours on end with eyes streaming! :/ haha

• Like 2

Ahh do you have the bottle? Not used it for a while, fingers crossed hayfever won't bother me this year.

My Fexo is tablet form, I've never seen it in bottled form.

I've got the Fexofenadine too. It's good but I occasionally have to top up with the pathetic little Ceterazine Hydrochloride tablets. Clearly my body really hates pollen...

I've got the Fexofenadine too. It's good but I occasionally have to top up with the pathetic little Ceterazine Hydrochloride tablets. Clearly my body really hates pollen...

i know the feeling mate!! looks like Fexofenadine is the thing to get!

• Like 1