A new car - hatchbacks

rabbit

Hello all :) after some advice/opinions of a few hatchbacks if anyone has had any experience having owned/driven one of the following...

VW Polo (2010-onwards)

Alfa Romeo Mito

Citroen DS3 (one of the cheaper models - probably DSign or DStyle)

I currently have a much-loved Corsa, but he's coming to the end of his days. As much as I love my Corsa I don't want another, and having driven the new models i'm not enamoured with them.

I'm hoping to have a new(er) car by Sept/Oct time, and will be buying second hand.

Any thoughts/advice/suggestions are most welcome :)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rabbit

• JamesJG

• Username

• scotty12347

Top Posters In This Topic

VW Polo is the only sensible choice of the 3 mate and definatley the most stylish by a country mile....

As much as I don't really like VW, go with the Polo.

I've heard good things on the new Citroens. I wouldn't say a Polo is stylish either.

Alfa Mito seems a bit small. Personally it's a toss up between the Citroen or Volkswagen.

They're all too small for me, my recent cars have been medium to large hatches - Primera, Laguna, Mondeo and Cavalier

Before you decide on the Polo, go and check out a Seat Ibiza 2009-onwards! I've got one and it's such a good car for a really good price - no worries about reliability, everything in it is VW! And it looks much better than the Polo :new_yes:

Thanks guys! I only need a small car and it's only me who will drive it, I need room for me, a small dog and my handbag. ;)

Any distance journeys are done in my boyfriend's car which is bigger and more comfortable.

I would personally second SniperElite. The Ibiza's are great little cars. They also now have "Mii"'s, which are Polo-sized, starting at £8,300 to £12,400 for a top of the line model with all of the options.

Thanks guys! I only need a small car and it's only me who will drive it, I need room for me, a small dog and my handbag. ;)

Any distance journeys are done in my boyfriend's car which is bigger and more comfortable.

So it needs to be a pretty big car then... Estate maybe? HGV even?

:p

• Like 2

Pssh, Get yourself a used Dodge Caliber and be done for it. Most bang for your buck you can get on that market at the moment.

So it needs to be a pretty big car then... Estate maybe? HGV even?

:p

Rude.. :new_eyebrow: lol

I love the look of the alfas personally!

• Like 1

Hello all :) after some advice/opinions of a few hatchbacks if anyone has had any experience having owned/driven one of the following...

VW Polo (2010-onwards)

Alfa Romeo Mito

Citroen DS3 (one of the cheaper models - probably DSign or DStyle)

I currently have a much-loved Corsa, but he's coming to the end of his days. As much as I love my Corsa I don't want another, and having driven the new models i'm not enamoured with them.

I'm hoping to have a new(er) car by Sept/Oct time, and will be buying second hand.

Any thoughts/advice/suggestions are most welcome :)

My gf has the new Polo and I drive it occasionally. It's a very nice car and very well made. The interior is brilliant and just seems 'right', everything exactly where it should be. It drives very well and will have the best residuals of all those listed, you'll have no problem selling it on, Polo's are always in demand.

Saying that though, she has the 1.2 and it's slow and quite numb to drive. It's not going to set the world on fire and you wouldn't label it 'fun'. I do step into her car from mine which is on the complete other end of the scale though so I might be a little unfair there.

I imagine it'd do a brilliant job for you though and I'd definitely recommend one to anybody asking that wasn't a serious car nut. Test drive one.