Where to find a job?!

YasminMariaNorris

Can anyone recommend where to look/find a job?!

I'm finishing my job in a few weeks and will be jobless until October :( i need something over the summer so any help would be much appreciated!

shops/bars are always a good bet this time of year as students are going off to or leaving uni etc.

I thought jobs like that would be hard to get because all the uni students being on their summer holidays, and have been for a while already :s

Im thinking a trip to soho....

I thought jobs like that would be hard to get because all the uni students being on their summer holidays, and have been for a while already :s

jeez, what kind of job you got in mind??? :eek:

;)

just teasing, hope you're keeping well. :)

Edited by JuDgE mEnTaL

What area? Surrey has a few jobs in the council you could do, but most are like 1 year contracts. :|

Im south west london/surrey area but i'll travel anywhere for a job

jeez, what kind of job you got in mind??? :eek:

;)

just teasing, hope you're keeping well. :)

Haha i joke! But any job will do!

This is the sort of time they'll be advertising because of college students leaving in august/ september or 3rd years moving home after uni

OP , Once you attest it's also worth looking at PeoplePages on AWARE... as they often advertise internal vacancies for Police Staff jobs etc

What area? Surrey has a few jobs in the council you could do, but most are like 1 year contracts. :|

I'm not the OP but you know things are bad when I live in Ealing and even I am STILL looking into jobs as far as Camberley!!! :eek:

It's always worth checking the websites of your local shopping centres, they ususally post vacancies on behalf of all the sotres on their jobs pages. If you're not too bothered about where you work there's no shame in looking for jobs on well known fast food chains sites and big supermarkets too.

Bar work is probably the best because you're talking and dealing with people constantly. You'll be surprised how much pulling pints can change you for the better. Confidence for a start...

Im only looking for a job covering july/august/september so didnt want to go into anything long term! Ive tried with bar work before but havent been to successful!

Ahh didnt think to look on shopping centre websites! Thanks for that! Ive been looking on individual stores websites with no help at all!

Im only looking for a job covering july/august/september so didnt want to go into anything long term! Ive tried with bar work before but havent been to successful!

Ahh didnt think to look on shopping centre websites! Thanks for that! Ive been looking on individual stores websites with no help at all!

Don't tell your interviewer that!

Don't tell your interviewer that!

Haha i don't intend to! I was just going to go along with it, then resign in time for my new job

Although I would love to be the fly on the wall if you did tell them! good luck!