How to write a paper for a diploma?

Javioli

Hi all - I'm trying to write a paper for one of my diploma modules. Having never done anything like this I'm looking around for ideas and thought I'd start here. I'm sure some of you here will have done this kind of thing before and will be able to point me at things like how to lay it out logically. Do I use some kind of grid? Bullet points? Or write it like an essay? And how do I lay out the Bibliography?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Javioli

I've to "write a report" which has to be double line spaced. That's about all the guidelines on what to do.

It's for the diploma in policing.

Hi all - I'm trying to write a paper for one of my diploma modules. Having never done anything like this I'm looking around for ideas and thought I'd start here. I'm sure some of you here will have done this kind of thing before and will be able to point me at things like how to lay it out logically. Do I use some kind of grid? Bullet points? Or write it like an essay? And how do I lay out the Bibliography?

Thanks in advance.

My best advice is: tell them what you are going to tell them, tell them, then tell them what you told them.

Introduce

Discuss

Summarise

Reference. Use a mix of indirect referencing and direct. Try and use Harvard referencing when doing a bibliography and refer to all your sources... Just google Harvard referencing for tutorials on this.

Always try and write paragraphs not bullet lists unless it specifies otherwise.

Need any help just PM me, not on here as much as I used to owing to work but always happy to respond to PMs