Sig. Limits

Smeders

Hey everyone! Ive just tried to edit my signature and keep getting the more than 5 lines of text error.

I know this is the limit:

Your signature may contain:

• • Up to 4 images
  • • Images of any size
  • • Up to 1 URLs
  • • Up to 5 lines

However my signature below is apparently at the maximum i can have when it only has 2 photos and 3 lines (including photos). Any help? Also if i get a power user account will these limits be removed as i am thinking of renewing now i have got the ball rolling with my SC application to West Merica Police

What else were you looking to add to your sig? I've just taken a look at what you've got in there, and there's a lot of text formatting codes (fonts, colours, etc) being used, so I imagine there's a good chance you've hit a preset limit.

It's just a suggestion, but you could always add your application info to the "About Me" section on your profile - that'll free up a lot of space in your signature.

I had the same problem when using lots of bbcode for formatting :( Like Chewie said I think they count towards the 5 lines =/

What else were you looking to add to your sig? I've just taken a look at what you've got in there, and there's a lot of text formatting codes (fonts, colours, etc) being used, so I imagine there's a good chance you've hit a preset limit.

It's just a suggestion, but you could always add your application info to the "About Me" section on your profile - that'll free up a lot of space in your signature.

Just another line saying: West Midlands Police - Streetwatch volunteer - St. Michaels Neighbourhood Team - Coventry LPU and a WMP sig bar

Yea if BBcode is included it will take me over the 5 lines :/

In that case, try cutting out some of the colours and fonts and see if that gives you a bit more space to work with (you can select/deselect the BBCode Mode switch which will help show just how much space the formatting is taking up), or stick some of the info in the "About Me" section of your profile as previously suggested.

In that case, try cutting out some of the colours and fonts and see if that gives you a bit more space to work with (you can select/deselect the BBCode Mode switch which will help show just how much space the formatting is taking up), or stick some of the info in the "About Me" section of your profile as previously suggested.

Cheers, how can i show the BBcode? with myh questions regarding Power User, would the limits be removed or more space given? thanks :)

I don't think being a PU gives you any more space on your sig.

To see the BBcode in your posts or on your sig then you need to click the little button up in the top left hand corner of the box you type in, it looks like a little switch.

• Like 2

• Global Moderators

Lightswitch top left of any editing page

Cheetah beat me to it!

West Mercia Police - Special Constable Applicant | West Midlands Police - Streetwatch Volunteer - St. Micheals Neighbourhood Team - Coventry LPU

Just as an aside... you've spelt "St. Michaels" incorrectly... ;)