What do you think of this PC spec / price?

Javioli

I'm on the hunt for a replacement PC, my "must have" is that it should run 3x monitors in a) separate desktop mode, b) up to triple monitor for gaming. Also I must have audio & video via HDMI on one of the outputs.

My budget was about a grand but I was given this quote which is slightly over the budget but it seems a nice spec.

I use the PC for a lot of Photoshop work and also gaming so please have a look at this spec & price below and let me know what you think.

• Fractal Design R4 Case With USB 3.0

• 2 x 1200rpm Quiet Case Fans

• Quiet Xigmatek 600W 2x PCI-E Power Supply

• Intel Core i7 3770 IVY Bridge, Quad Core (1155, 3.40GHZ, 8MB Cache)

• Quiet Arctic Cooler Freezer 7 Pro CPU heatsink With 92mm Fan

• Standard Heatsink Paste

• Asus P8Z77-V LX2, 4xDIMM, Max. 32GB, ATX (USB 3.0, SATA 3.0) (6 x SATA)

• 16GB (4 x 4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Graphics Card

• Silent 240GB Ultrafast Solid State Drive SATA III (Boot drive)

• 2 Front + 4 Back Ports, 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 SATA 3.0 Ports

• Integrated 7.1 High Definition Channel Audio

• Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Professional (64bit Version)

• 2 Yrs Return To Base (1st Yr Parts & Labour, 2nd Yr Labour)

Total of £1,224.00 including VAT and delivery.

I'm on the hunt for a replacement PC, my "must have" is that it should run 3x monitors in a) separate desktop mode, b) up to triple monitor for gaming. Also I must have audio & video via HDMI on one of the outputs.

My budget was about a grand but I was given this quote which is slightly over the budget but it seems a nice spec.

I use the PC for a lot of Photoshop work and also gaming so please have a look at this spec & price below and let me know what you think.

• Fractal Design R4 Case With USB 3.0

• 2 x 1200rpm Quiet Case Fans

• Quiet Xigmatek 600W 2x PCI-E Power Supply

• Intel Core i7 3770 IVY Bridge, Quad Core (1155, 3.40GHZ, 8MB Cache)

• Quiet Arctic Cooler Freezer 7 Pro CPU heatsink With 92mm Fan

• Standard Heatsink Paste

• Asus P8Z77-V LX2, 4xDIMM, Max. 32GB, ATX (USB 3.0, SATA 3.0) (6 x SATA)

• 16GB (4 x 4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Graphics Card

• Silent 240GB Ultrafast Solid State Drive SATA III (Boot drive)

• 2 Front + 4 Back Ports, 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 SATA 3.0 Ports

• Integrated 7.1 High Definition Channel Audio

• Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Professional (64bit Version)

• 2 Yrs Return To Base (1st Yr Parts & Labour, 2nd Yr Labour)

Total of £1,224.00 including VAT and delivery.

I think you would be better off with the 3570 CPU and put the saved money into a second graphics card. Along with that a larger PSU too.

I am assuming you want to run the monitors at a high res so the Graphics will be doing a lot if the work.

Shop around though.

My current 5870 1Gb runs 3x monitors at the moment, albeit at sightly reduced detail, but it is perfectly acceptable. I can only think that a 670 will be a step up again.

Just to complete this thread, I ordered the PC above but upgraded the video card to an AMD HD7970 3Gb for £40 extra. That way I get better triple monitor performance and also keep the i7 processor.

Thanks for your help.

Yeh I know, I scoped out all the parts myself and I would have saved something like £100-£200 depending on which brand of video card, motherboard etc. I bought. But then again I could have also bought a kit car or even built my house for less than I bought it for.

I can't be bothered these days. I just want a nice stable working system and good support if it goes wrong. My current PC (which I did build myself) has been a complete ball-ache over the last few years when the motherboard failed and also the RAM failed. Luckily all the parts were still under warranty but I'm past caring about fault finding and disassembling everything and I swore I'd not do it again.

Edited by Cheetah
un-necessary and thinly disguised mild profanity removed

my rig is just over 12 months old now but im running:

i7, 16GB RAM, 2 X gtx580's, Asus ROG Genie iv motherboard, 2 x 120gb SSD drives in raid0, 3 x monitors full hd 1080p, 1200w PSU, corsair gaming keyboard, cyborg rat 9 gaming mouse.

thats just off the top of my head, It cost me about £800 for the bits (got them very cheap as my cousin is best friends with the owner of scan)

it plays everything ive thrown at it so far without even breaking a sweat. Although i dont get to use it as much as id like due to time and family/work commitments.