New earphones

donatello

I'm after some new in ear type head phones, does anyone have any recommendations that they have used or tried. As much as I would like a set of Bose ones I can't really justify that price tag so I'm on a bit of a budget for them.

Might be worth looking at some Seinnhesiers, they are generally pretty good value for money

Sennheisers are great, whatever model you chose. Don't go for Beats, overpriced rubbish. The new Apple EarPods are not too bad, a bit bass heavy. What music do you listen to?

I would say with Sennheiser, don't go with the CX300s. I've owned numerous pairs over the years and they always end up breaking at the point where the cable connects to the part that goes into the headphone socket (the right angled bit of plastic basically). This leads to the right hand earbud not working after a while. Great headphones when they do work but I was having to take them back to the store every 6 months.

I went for the CX500 because they seem to be of a far better construction in the area mentioned above and so far I've had no issues.

Basic rule of thumb for in ear head phones - Never spend more than £15-20. They all use the same basic design, and usually, anything above that it's nothing noticeable, a part from design.

Basic rule of thumb for in ear head phones - Never spend more than £15-20. They all use the same basic design, and usually, anything above that it's nothing noticeable, a part from design.

I like this idea! - I spent about £100 on a pair, and they broke within 2 months, I was so devastated. I tried to get my money back but failed.

I normally get the ones from Tesco, At the moment I got some Panasonic set, and they're pretty good, with a good sound and rather loud! :D

I had some sennheisers I was very fond of, but now I use my phone for music I got some skull candy ones with an in line mic and controls, both decent, just don't like the chrome, logo or name of the skullcandy jobbies.

I'd go for some sennheisers again, but wanted some in a rush and john lewis was out of stock. Bose are supremely overpriced. They seem to have the same marketing strategy as apple (charge an absurd amount, people will think it's worth it).

• 4 weeks later...

Sennheiser IE series if you want good quality, with passive noise reduction - have used them day in and day out on touring gigs & shows. Shure, Panasonic, Sony I wouldn't recommend.

Sennheisers are great, whatever model you chose. Don't go for Beats, overpriced rubbish. The new Apple EarPods are not too bad, a bit bass heavy. What music do you listen to?
I couldn't agree more.

I've owned Senns and Philips in the past but my current pair are the best yet. If you're prepared to spend a little more (£35) then buy a pair of Soundmagic E10's.

Edited by AA101

I got a great pair of Denons with inline remote for iPhone and they're doing me great. Cost about 25 quid. They've got the foam in ears which mould to the shape of your ear canal too which keeps in the sound you want and keeps out the sound you don't!